Slaughter Syndicate

Description: Roxi went along with her mother to make a deal with some Lurkers. The dragons and lurkers cleverly disguised themselves in the mortal party. This was to not attract attention from unwanted otherworldly beings. But a terrible twist of luck hit Roxi hard. Their life was flipped upside down when a syndicate of villains crashed the party. They slaughtered every mortal while the lurkers and dragons attempted to escape. Roxi was left behind to fend for themself as the portal shut before they could flee. The humans have captured Roxi, now they must find a way back to the End. How can they live with Mafia people long enough to make it back though? 

(I was waiting to get permission for this book from Wyrenn or whoever the original creator was. I'll take this down later if I don't get permission for it.)

TW!! Death, cussing, gore, etc. Just don't read it if you're sensitive to subjects related to these.

(Roxi POV)

"Mom!" I shout over the noise of the spell. "Are you sure I have to go too?"

"Yes, sweetheart, you need to learn about the otherworldly politics if you're going to rule the End someday." Mom explains.

"But....politics are boring!" (Clockwork_bird reference)

"I'm not going to have the conversation with you." Mom scolds. "The spell is almost complete anyways."

She's right, the swirls of pure magic are starting to fade. I can feel my body changing as my scales get replaced with a more damageable form. The twisting horns that normally take up my forehead are now gone. All that remains is a lingering sensation.

"Mom, I don't like how we have to give up our natural body armor for this. It's simply unwise and makes me feel vulnerable." I complain. "Can't we just have the meeting here in the End?"

My mother sighs and doesn't respond. Shes obviously done with me for the day. The particles have almost fully faded as the work on our bodies is done. The magic swirls drop down to the floor. The obsidian beneath my feet beings to ripple with power. I close my eyes as a flash of light nearly blinds me. The light fades away to reveal a portal beneath my feet.

My mom is also hovering above the portal. I can clearly see what the enchantment has done to each of us. She has dark skin and lovely hazel eyes. Her hair is curly and drops down her eyes. The rest of it drapes around her neck. A gorgeous emerald green dress reaches down to her ankles, but not far enough to trip. Two pointed black shoes cover her feet.

After gawking at the beautiful sight of my mother, she breaks the silence. "Well, don't just stand there looking at me. Check out yourself." She suggests.

I blink with the realization I was staring at her intensely. I blush with embarrassment and quickly turn my gaze to myself. I look like a human teenager. I'm guessing thirteen years at most. A red baggy t-shirt covers my upper body as well as part of my shorts. My shorts only envelop my thighs and then stop. My shoes are normal sneakers with wavy purple patterns. I can feel my hair brush against my back, it's very long and flowy. I regret complaining about this form, it's gorgeous!

A glint of light catches my eye. I spot a sparkling jewel bracelet on my arm. I look at my mom to see if she has any jewelry too. The same kind of bracelet rests on her arm.

My mom notices my curiosity and explains. "That is our way home. The travel bracelets allow us to dimension hop, but the portal only opens for a limited amount of time. That's to prevent unwanted company from entering our home."

I nod in understanding and give the bracelet a look of awe. Magic is so fascinating... "Mom, I think I'm ready to go now."

She nods and glances down at the portal beneath us. My mom snaps her fingers and the levitation spell stops. We both plunge into the swirl of colors. Bright purples, flashes of blue, and sparks of green fly past my eyes. Then, out of nowhere, the motion sickness hits me. Ugh, it's even worse than I could've imagined. The sickness takes over my mind and I feel as though I'll puke on the spot.