Shattered

Last night, I cried a million tears, My body throbbed a million pangs of pain, And slowly, my heart broke into pieces.

One million pieces.
One for each moment I loved you,One for each moment I gave to you,One for each moment I served you,Each moment I put no man before you,Each moment I felt no joy but you,Each moment I wanted more Of you.

Last night, I cried a million tears.And as I lay there crying,With my heart slowly dying.You could have ended it all, But there was something moreImportant.That had your attention undivided, Unrelenting,Unrepenting.
Now,I pick up the shattered pieces,Place them side by side,And stare into their essence.

Each piece tells a story, Of you and I.One million stories,Of a love I thought was never-ending.A love that you said transcended Time and space.A love, I thought, Could survive a few small breaks.

But when is something too broken to be fixed,Too worn to be renewed,Too torn to be recognised.

Because it used to be so easy, To mend these broken pieces.All I needed was the glue, Which came from loving you.Keeping me strong, And whole And complete.But now that glue has gone,Though you try to linger on.

One day, I'll brush the pieces up,And throw them aside.

Shattered,Broken,Unmendable.

One million piecesFor every moment I loved you!