Alone // Mercury Angst

Just a heads up
I tried making this as gut wrenching as possible 😁🙂
Enjoy!
TW:
Mentions of sewerslide
Self hate
__________________________________________

    It was quiet. And the only sound was the distant talking of the others planets, something Mercury has grown used to. He usually watches the others. The way they hang out with each other. The way the laugh with each other. Something Mercury longed to do with something.

   Mercury sighed and turned his attention towards Sun, who must've been asleep (Don't ask why, just go with it) the only time Mercury didn't have to be blasted by a solar flare every five seconds and listening to his horrible sun puns. He swear he'll go insane if he hears one more.

    Mercury sat in his orbit as he started quietly talking to himself, something he does to cope with his loneliness.

"Anything interesting happening today?"

"No... Just the usual..."

"You still haven't tried to talk with them?"

"No... I mean, what the point if I'm just going to be ignored and Venus won't let me get near them... So there's no use in trying..."

    Mercury sighs. He would like to talk to someone other than himself or a complete physco. The loneliness was just a reminder of how pathetic he was. No one would even noticed if he just vanished into thin air. No one would care anyway.

"Just try. You'll never know unless you try"

"Hm... I guess it worth a shot..."

    Mercury smiled softly to himself as he held onto to a small but of hope. Mercury  looked over at Earth and Mars, Venus wasn't near them so maybe he could just chat for a little.

    Once Mercury gathered enough courage, he got up and quickly and quiet left his orbit and started making his way towards Earth and Mars. Will they even give him the time of day? Will they just ignore him as usual? Will they evenet him stick around?

    Once Mercury reached them, he sighed before speaking in a quiet voice.

"Hey, guys...?"

    Earth and Mars stop talking for a moment and look over at Mercury "Oh, hey Mercury" Mars smiled at him as Earth gave a small wave, then they went back to talking.

    Mercury tried to listen into the conversation but all he could hear were the thoughts that started to swirl in his mind. I knew this was a bad idea. I should just go, there's no point.

"Hey, guys I—"

"Mercury! I'm talking here if you don't mind. Anyway, Mars-"

    Earth cut Mercury off and just continued talking to his friend. As if Mercury didn't matter. He was a living being with feelings. He should at least be able to chat for a bit right? Why won't anyone understand that?

"What are you doing here, Pipsqueak?"

    Mercury spun around to see Venus standing behind him.

"Oh, I... Uh just.. Wanted to say hello-"

    Mercury put a hand on his neck as he tried to hide the fact he was scared. Venus rolled his eyes and crossed his arms across his chest.

"Yeah, yeah... You did as you wanted now scram!"

    Mercury looked up Venus. He but his lip as tears threatened to fall from his eyelets.
Venus continued to glare him down until Mercury eventually left.

"I knew this was a bad idea... What was I thinking..."

    Mercury mumbled under his breath as he quickly left the scene.

"But maybe if you just explained yourself then maybe-"

"It wouldn't work! No one gives a damn about me! So just shut up!"

    Mercury hugged himself as he dug his nails into his arms, he couldn't stop the hot tears from flowing down his cheeks.

"You're doing it again... You need to stop talking to yourself..."

    Mercury was snapped back into reality when he stumbled into an asteroid. And asteroid? Mercury looked around and saw that they were surrounding him. He must've wonder into the asteroid belt without knowing it.

    The dark and negative thoughts started to spiral out of control in his head. What if I just disappear? No one should care if I did. No one barely knows I exist. What the point of going on anymore?

    Tears continued to fall from his eyelets as he continued to to hug himself as tightly as he could, he also continued to dig his nails into his arms, which left some marks. He just wanted somebody to talk to... Was that to much to ask?

    The overwhelming feeling of lonlienss started to consume him. It hurt. It hurts like hell. He needs somebody with him right now.

    A few choked sobs escaped from his mouth as he tried so desperately to calm himself down.

    He stared mumbling words to himself in attemp to reassure himself so he could stop crying. He hated this feeling.

"It's... It's okay... It's okay, you're alright... J-just calm down... C-calm.. Calm d-down... You're... O-okay..."

    He hiccuped as his words came out as a shaky sob. The tears wouldn't stop falling. He eventually collapsed onto the ground as the overwhelming feelings of depression, sadness, loneliness began to eat away at him. He curled up into the fetal position as he sobbed.

    Someone would notice that he's gone, right? They'll come for him... No they won't... They aren't coming... No one is coming. They never did so why would they now?

    Mercury always hated being alone. He was always afraid of being forgotten and that he'd be left beh6as the others just left him. Alone... He hated the feeling with every fiber in his being. It sucked.

    After what seemed like an eternity, he finally managed to calm down. He turned onto his back and gazed up at the stars. Something he usually does to pass the time. He started to hate that. The one thing that he found comfort in is no something he hates.

    He envied those stars. At least they got treated with some level of decency. It was a reminder of how much of a failed he was. He hated them. He hated everyone and everything. He hated himself most of all. Maybe he was bigger, maybe things would've been different. He just wanted to leave his own skin and be someone else.
He can't keep going on like this. He just wants to give up on life. He didn't see the point anymore.

    He continued to gaze up at the stars as his mind spiraled. He eventually started to drift off to sleep. Sleep was an escape for him. He didn't try to fight of off, he just welcomed it. He eventually fell under the sweet release of sleep. He's free now, for a few hours at least.

__________________________________________

MWUAHAHAHAHAHA
HOPE YOU LIKED IT
SORRY IF IT SUCKED
I'M ALSO WORKING ON A JUPATURN STORY WHICH WILL MOST LIKELY BE SPLIT INTO PARTS

ADIOS!!!

Words: 1147