Part 1

-3rd person POV-

Xisuma walked up to the cafe in the main hub. He was meeting up with the new hermit to get to know him and give him information about the server.

"I'm looking for a Sam?" Xisuma said to the hostess.
"Right this way please." The hostess said and lead him to a table in the back corner.
At the table was a guy in his late teens, 18-19 years old. He wore a white t-shirt and jeans. He also was a bunny hybrid so he had bunny ears on his head.
"Hi!" Xisuma said greeting the guy. "I'm Xisuma, I am the admin of Hermitcraft."
"Ah X-eye-suma! I've heard so much about you." He mutters something unintelligible under his breath. "And I assume you're here to tell me about this Hermit-club thing?"
"It's Hermitcraft, but Yeah." X said automatically correcting him.
Sam frowned when he was corrected. "Ok. Let's get on with it."

Xisuma sat down on the other side of the table from Sam. "You're going to join us when we swap over to our new world or as we call it season. You'll be joining us at season 6."
"M'k"
"The password to get into the server is in this card and it's coded so only you can see it."
"Wonderful!" Sam says.
"I think that's about it." Xisuma says. "The server starts in 5 days."
"Ok then." Sam says standing up. "If that is all I will see you in five days."

As Sam walked away Xisuma got a the feeling that something was off. But after a minute the feeling went away.
"Weird." X says to no one in particular.

-5 days later-

Xisuma opened the portal in the center of spawn, where the portal from last season first appeared and where you go if you die. There are cruel servers where you can perma die, and their admins were not the best people.
X typed in chat the that the portal to the next season was ready.
There was a flurry of dings as the hermits responded with different ways to say on the way.

Once all the hermits were there X explained that there will be a new hermit this next season.
"So please all behave and be nice."
A course of "fine"s were heard.
X rolled his eyes. "Ok. Now everyone hurry up. I want to get started.

Once everyone was through the portal X walked up to the portal. He looked back one more time savoring the world he and his friends made before jumping into a new one.

-Scar's POV-

I stood up.
I had just jumped through the portal and was now on the new server.
I looked around for the rest of the hermits.
As I looked around I saw another portal.
I grinned excitedly.
There was going to be a new hermit.

Out steps a young man.
He had messy dark reddish-brown hair, red eyes and a smirk on his face.
The guy looked chill, but he had an air of death around him.
He smirked and walked confidently over to me.

I smiled nervously at him and waved.
"Hi." I say. "I'm Scar. You must be a new Hermit."
"Howdy. I'm Sam." He said in a mildly passive aggressive voice.
I wave him over trying to be polite, my earlier excitement gone.

He walked up beside me.
When he walked up I felt a presence behind me.
I stole a glance back towards where I felt the presence.
My breath caught.
Behind me was a ghost.
It had pale translucent skin, brown eyes that had no light and dirty blonde near brown hair. A red sweater stained an even darker red where a knife was embedded in his stomach was what he wore (along with pants too. (Don't deny it I know what you're thinking)).

"You good?" Sam asked me looking worried for a moment before I replied.
"Yeah I'm fine." I say before smiling and acting like I didn't just see a ghost.
Sam looks at me suspiciously. "Ok."

I lead him closer towards the other hermits who were chatting.
"Hey guys!" X said noticing that Sam is next to me. "This is the new Hermit: Sam Gladiator."
There was a chorus of 'hello's' from the other Hermits.

Once Sam was introduced I started inching away from him. I didn't like him. There was a ghost haunting him, he had an aura of death, and he was giving off weird vibes.

Once Sam was engaged in a conversation with some of the other hermits I walked over to Cub and dragged him off to the side.

"Cub I don't trust him." I say to him making the most serious face ever.
"Why not?" Cub questioned confused.
"One: he smells like death." I say explaining what my enhanced senses picked up (vex stuff). "Two: there is a ghost that followed him through the portal and is haunting him."
"Ok?" Cub says even more confused now. "If he smells like death then I should be able to smell it too, right?"
"Most likely, yes." I say mildly worried that he doesn't believe me.
"Ok I'll go see about it." Cub said before walking over to investigate Sam.

A few minutes later Cub returned.
"Nothings off with him." Cub said smiling. "He doesn't smell like death at all. Maybe your mind is playing tricks on you."
I huffed. "Maybe."
I know I am stupid most of the time but I am sure about this. Sam is not a good person at all.