What Does Vension Taste Like?

While there he wondered what he was thinking when he accepted that stupid idea, there was no need, no one celebrates birthdays in hell, everyone is too worried trying to stay alive or keep their souls on their property. There was only one person he knew who celebrated birthdays and that was Charlie, and with a simple deduction it was easy to know that she had learned that from her father, it must have been a custom he learned from humans that he found fun enough to include in his family tradition.

But that didn't explain how he got there, not yet.

He shifted uncomfortably between the sheets, his hands tied with celestial rope behind his back preventing him from using his own magic to free himself from it. Angel Dust temporarily stole it from Vaggie who was in charge of order at the hotel, the rope was an invention of Lucifer to neutralize those sinners who became a danger to others or to the hotel.

He felt extremely exposed. And of course he was! His blindfold did not allow him to see, he could not use his power and he was with his butt in the air. Naked! Oh my God.

The sweet taste in his mouth only frustrated him more, he hated sweets, the apple in his mouth made him feel like a baked pig. He would swear that he would never listen to any stupid idea the spider had again.

-+-+-+-

"Guys, tomorrow is my dad's birthday! I want us to do something big that he won't forget! It's been many years since we lived together and I want him to know that we appreciate him at the hotel." Charlie was talking with the rest of his friends in the hotel lounge, it was early and many of the new tenants were still asleep or out of the place.

"Lucifer's birthday?" Husk asked in disbelief.

"Yes, well, not really, I mean..." She didn't know how to explain it. "It's a tradition, when I was born he started celebrating my birthdays and when I asked him about his he said he didn't know when it was. Angels don't celebrate birthdays, you know? So between the two of us we chose a date and celebrated his birthday on that day, and that day is tomorrow!"

"His majesty really loves trivialities from what I can see. It was to be expected from a king so obsessed with animals that only exist on earth."

Vaggie sighed in annoyance, watching Alastor, who had just spoken, turning his microphone in his hands as if he didn't care at all. "So what do you have planned, honey?" Vaggie asked.

"I want to have a big party at the hotel! A day to celebrate among all. I want him to feel at home."

"I think we can handle that." Vaggie took her hands in hers, and turned to look at the rest.

"Very well, we must make the preparations, we will give Lucifer a great party that he will not forget."

While Charlie, Vaggie and Niffty began to make a list of what they would need and where to get it, Angel and Husk sat drinking a little at the bar.

"Should we give him something?" Angel Dust asked the air.

"I don't think there's anything we can give the king of hell that he doesn't already have," Husk spoke just before taking a sip from his bottle.

Angel Dust saw Alastor about to retreat, probably to his radio station. "Smiles! Can you think of anything we could give as a gift to Lucifer?" He looked at him, he must know something.

"How do you expect me to know something like that? I'm finding out now that he apparently has a birthday" Alastor approached the bar.

"Well, you're the one who has sex with him, you should know something. "Angel declared without fear with a smile, it was supposed to be a secret but there was no one else in the place to hear it and Husk also already knew that fact.