The surprise

As Darren returned home, the weight of humiliation and defeat hung heavy on his shoulders, exacerbating the turmoil that already plagued his troubled mind. His father, a distant figure lost in the haze of alcohol, offered little solace as Darren entered the dimly lit living room.

The air was thick with tension, a silent testament to the fractured relationship between father and son. Darren's heart sank as he caught sight of the empty bottles strewn across the floor, a stark reminder of the pain and chaos that had become all too familiar in their household.

With a heavy heart, Darren retreated to his room, seeking refuge from the harsh realities of the world outside. But as he lay in bed, the memories of his parents' bitter divorce resurfaced with painful clarity, reopening old wounds that had never truly healed.

The sound of his father's drunken ramblings echoed through the walls, a haunting reminder of the broken promises and shattered dreams that had torn their family apart. Darren felt a surge of anger and frustration welling up inside him, threatening to consume him whole.

In a moment of overwhelming despair, Darren fled to the sanctuary of his bed, seeking solace in the embrace of sleep. But even as he drifted into unconsciousness, his dreams were haunted by visions of a fractured past and an uncertain future, leaving him to wrestle with the demons that lurked within his own troubled soul.
Darren was a complex figure in the school, known for his intimidating presence and penchant for bullying his classmates. He exuded an aura of confidence and arrogance, using his physical strength and popularity to assert dominance over others.

But beneath the tough exterior, Darren harbored his own insecurities and fears, which fueled his need to exert control and power over those around him. He craved attention and validation, seeking to mask his own vulnerabilities by preying on the weaknesses of others.

Despite his antagonistic behavior, Darren's actions were often driven by a deep-seated sense of inadequacy and a desire to prove himself to his peers. He craved acceptance and respect, yet his methods of attaining them were misguided and ultimately self-destructive.
As Darren rushed downstairs, his heart pounding with a mixture of surprise and disbelief, he hesitated for a moment before reaching for the doorknob. With trembling fingers, he turned the handle, the door swinging open to reveal a figure standing on the threshold.

For a moment, Darren's breath caught in his throat as he stared at the woman before him, her features softened by the warm glow of the porch light. It took a moment for the realization to sink in, but when it did, Darren felt a rush of emotions wash over him—shock, disbelief, and a flicker of hope that he had long thought extinguished.

"M...Mom?" Darren stammered, his voice barely above a whisper as he struggled to find the words to express the whirlwind of emotions coursing through him.

The woman smiled softly, her eyes glistening with unshed tears as she reached out to envelop Darren in a warm embrace. "Darren, my darling," she murmured, her voice thick with emotion. "I've missed you so much."

Tears pricked at Darren's eyes as he returned his mother's embrace, his heart overflowing with a mix of joy and sorrow. For years, he had longed for this moment, dreamed of the day when he would be reunited with the woman who had once been his everything.

As they stood there in the doorway, lost in their long-awaited reunion, Darren knew that this was a moment he would cherish forever. Despite the pain and heartache of the past, he had finally found his way back to the one person who had always loved him unconditionally
Kelvin Darren's dad was taken aback by the unexpected appearance of Rose, Darren's mom. His face contorted with a mixture of disbelief and suspicion as he regarded her with narrowed eyes.

"The only reason you're here is either for work or to give us money, or do you want Darren now?" Kelvin's words were sharp and laced with bitterness, reflecting years of resentment and unresolved anger.

Rose's smile faltered for a moment, her heart aching at the harshness of Kelvin's words. But she refused to be deterred, her resolve unwavering as she met his gaze with a steely determination of her own.

"Kelvin, please," Rose pleaded, her voice tinged with sadness. "I know I haven't been there for Darren like I should have been, but I'm here now. I want to make things right, to be a part of his life again."

But Kelvin remained unmoved, his defenses firmly in place as he bristled at Rose's words. The wounds of the past ran deep, and he was not ready to forgive and forget so easily.
As Darren's mom prepared to leave, she glanced back at her family with a warm smile, her thoughts already drifting to the tasks awaiting her at work. "I'm off now," she said, her voice tinged with regret. "I have some work to do."

Before she could step out the door, Darren's question about the meteorite caught her attention. She paused, turning back to face him with a curious expression. "Yes, I heard about the meteorite," she replied, her interest piqued. "It's been all over the news.