Chapter 16

Bloodraven appeared confused and weary. For the past few months, he had been unable to use his powers to watch over the prince that was promised or anyone related to him. A strong veil blocked his sight, preventing him from seeing what was happening. More importantly, he could no longer glimpse the future, as it seemed to be changing with every passing moment. He sensed a powerful force behind it, one that was too potent to influence the past and future deep. It was an invincible power that observed everything, including him, but it had never acted in this manner before, filling him with fear about what might come next. Even the dire wolf Brynden hoped to ally with the Starks, but the same power was involved there as well. From that day forward, everything related to the Starks and future became veiled to him.

Brynden's consciousness returned to his body after another attempt to glimpse the future. His face reflected a mixture of concern and fear as he muttered, "That day, something happened..." It was the day when the sky was adorned with auroras, not once but twice. Brynden felt his powers surge as he observed those blessed by the same mysterious force. Despite his age, he sensed his greenseer magic growing stronger instead of waning.

He delved into the depths of his magic, trying to trace the origin of this unusual power. However, all his efforts led to impossible possibilities, leaving him bewildered. This phenomenon had never occurred in the past, and Brynden couldn't comprehend why it was happening now.

As Brynden pondered over that fateful day, he was struck by another vision: Jon moving in the direction of his abode. After regaining his sight, Brynden took a deep breath, his movements limited. The children of the forest, sensing his sudden disturbance, approached Brynden with concern etched on their faces.

Brynden looked both confused and troubled as he saw Jon beyond the Wall. It was difficult for him to believe how Jon had managed to traverse beyond the Wall earlier than anticipated. He questioned why he could now spy on Jon, unlike before. But what troubled Brynden even more was the magical power surrounding Jon, seemingly repelling his presence as he drew nearer to Jon.

In Skirling Pass, Jon trailed behind Xerneas, his frustration mounting with each step. Xerneas remained silent, brushing off Jon's questions with a cryptic response whenever he dared to inquire about the gods. "There are things mortals shouldn't know, my child," Xerneas would say, leaving Jon feeling ignored and perplexed.

Despite his burning curiosity, Jon found himself grappling with a newfound sense of endurance. He no longer felt the pangs of hunger or thirst, and fatigue seemed like a distant memory, replaced by an inexplicable wellspring of energy. Yet, Xerneas offered no explanations, leaving Jon to stew in his unanswered queries.

After some time, perhaps days, Jon couldn't contain his curiosity any longer. He posed the same question again, "Where are we going?" This time, Xerneas broke his silence, stating, "Young heart needs a wise heart; a young king needs wise men." Intrigued, Jon approached Xerneas, eager to understand the meaning behind these cryptic words. Xerneas elaborated, "You are here for a long-distance relative, a man willing to remain loyal to the realm until his last breath." Jon, puzzled by this revelation, asked, "Who?" Xerneas replied, adding another layer of mystery, "A thousand eyes... and one...".

As Jon persisted in his attempts to glean more information from Xerneas, the god remained steadfastly silent. Frustrated by the lack of response, Jon eventually resigned himself to the enigma that surrounded their journey. They pressed on, their path leading them deeper into the Skirling Pass.

However, their journey took a sudden turn when Jon noticed a peculiar sight in the distance. As Xerneas came to a halt, Jon's curiosity drove him forward to investigate further. What he beheld was a chilling sight: thousands of undead beings scattered about, some mere skeletons while others bore the remnants of decayed flesh. Jon, overcome with fear, instinctively recoiled, while Xerneas, seemingly undeterred, advanced forward.