Chapter 21

The Elk ceased its movement, signaling to Aemon that it was time to dismount. However, Aemon's attention was captivated by the colossal dragon bowing in the direction of Xerneas. Xerneas' presence was overwhelming, yet Aemon remained oblivious to it, his gaze fixed on the dragon that appeared even larger than Balerion. His thoughts were momentarily interrupted when Brynden called out, "Aemon?" Brynden hadn't expected to see a younger version of his half-nephew, just as Aemon hadn't anticipated encountering someone identical to his half-uncle.

Aemon, equally surprised, struggled to dismount from the elk due to his attire and the lack of a saddle. Brynden offered assistance, and after a brief struggle, finally on the ground, Aemon found it hard to believe he was facing his uncle at last and called out, "Uncle?" They exchanged smiles and embraced. Then Brynden directed Aemon's attention toward Xerneas, prompting Aemon to follow his gaze.

This time, Aemon noticed the presence of Xerneas. Looking at Brynden, who gestured for him to proceed, confusion flickered in Aemon's eyes as he observed Xerneas, a creature he had never encountered before. Since Xerneas was in neutral form, Aemon hadn't considered it anything other than a different or mutated species of Elk until Xerneas spoke.

Brynden guided Aemon closer to Xerneas, who remained completely clueless about the situation. However, as someone who had lived long, Aemon could sense that the presence emanating from Xerneas was extraordinary. Yet, his attention was diverted by the gaze of Cannibal. For a moment, Aemon feared Cannibal might attack him, causing him to take a step back. However, seeing Brynden's lack of concern in the presence of the colossal dragon gave Aemon courage to follow Brynden to Xerneas' side.

As they approached Xerneas, Brynden didn't hesitate to kneel before Xerneas, demonstrating his respect. This action puzzled Aemon further. His confusion deepened when he heard Xerneas call out, "Aemon Targaryen," prompting Aemon to look around in disbelief. Finally, Aemon's gaze settled on Xerneas, whose light green glow made it stand out. Aemon found himself speechless, seeking guidance from Brynden, who remained silent, patiently waiting for Xerneas to speak.

Xerneas called out to Aemon once again, saying, "Aemon Targaryen, the realm and your family need you." Aemon couldn't help but ask cautiously, "Who are you?" Xerneas replied simply, "I am the whisper of the wind, the song of the stream. I am the memory of the earth, the wisdom of the stone. I am the watcher of the wood, the faces on the bone."

Aemon found these words familiar, recalling similar phrases from the books about the Old Gods. He struggled to believe that he might be in the presence of a deity. Looking around, he noticed that everyone had been kneeling since his arrival, all bowing before Xerneas. With quick wit, Aemon didn't hesitate to join them, murmuring under his breath, "Old God?" as he remained kneeling.

Xerneas called out to Aemon once again, causing Aemon to raise his gaze towards the Xerneas. "Aemon, the former you no longer exists," Xerneas declared. "Maester Aemon has become the past and is freed from his vows. Now, you are Aemon Targaryen, who wields the sword for the Prince that was I promised to the realm."

Like Brynden, Aemon was acutely aware of the dangers beyond the wall and possessed extensive knowledge of the prophecies surrounding the coming of the Others. He was one of the few individuals who understood why the Targaryens had conquered Westeros—not merely out of ambition, but because of prophecy. It was the prophecy of the prince that was promised, the one destined to save the realm from darkness.

Aemon stood in utter disbelief. The existence of a god, something he had always considered nothing more than the imagination of men to forge communities, now stood before him commanding every living being in the realm. Despite his previous belief in the existence of magic, the concept of a god was beyond his comprehension. Yet, here he was, face to face with a being capable of such power, and he felt an unusual calmness in his heart, unlike anything he had ever experienced.

His gaze remained fixed on Xerneas, his heart fluttering with every word spoken by the majestic creature. Before Aemon could utter a word, Xerneas intervened, declaring, "Now it's time." The antlers of Xerneas began to glow intensely as roots emerged from the ground, entwining around its legs. A surge of energy gathered around Xerneas, pulsating with green light, drawing the attention of everyone present.

They watched in awe as Xerneas utilized geomancy to harness more power, his entire being sparkling like stars in the night sky when he opened his eyes. The ancestral sword of Targaryen, Blackfyre, floated towards Xerneas, unwarping itself. Aemon watched in awe as the dirt on the sword vanished, leaving a polished blade. The sword then plunged into the ground. In the next moment, Xerneas called out, "Aegon Targaryen of House Targaryen.".

Jon came forward and knelt in front of Xerneas. Uncertainty filled the air as he awaited the words of the ancient being. Xerneas spoke with a commanding presence, "Today, you stand chosen by the will of the realm and the ancient prophecies. Trials may await you, enemies may rise, and your valor will be tested. Now, the time has come to fulfill your destiny."

Jon, humbled, began to express his reluctance, "My lord, I do not seek power or glory. I am..." Xerneas interrupted, redirecting the ceremony, "Kill the boy, Aegon, let the man be born in you." Jon fell silent, absorbing the weight of those words.

Xerneas continued, "You have been chosen by the realm and my will to bear the burden of a ruler. You are the High King, the protector of the realm, the beacon of hope in times of darkness. Do you accept this sacred duty?" Jon solemnly replied, "I do."

"Then rise, Jon Aegon Targaryen, High King of the realm," declared Xerneas. A mark of a tree appeared on Jon's forehead as he stood. Xerneas then instructed, "Wield the Sword, Aegon. Let the world know my will." Jon approached, drew Blackfyre, and witnessed flames envelop the blade. Overcoming his initial fear, Jon raised the sword to the sky, flames illuminating him as the chosen High King, known to all as decreed by the God.

Men, regardless of stature or origin, did not hesitate to acknowledge Jon as their new king, chosen by God Himself. Even among the so-called Free Folk, pride did not outweigh the will of the divine. One by one, they knelt before Jon, offering their humble tribute to their chosen ruler.

Clan elders stepped forward, each in their own way, to pay homage to their King. Jon glanced at Xerneas, who nodded in silent approval, urging Jon to move forward.

[

Fellow readers, sorry for the delay. I was rewriting my first fic into a new one. You can try this one, which is composed of multiple fictions blended together. Those who want to read more chapters can access them on my Patreon.

Fic: World of Supernatural: I'm Raizel(Twilight,VD,Originals,Underworld..)

Link:patreon.com/AmouxCreationX

]