Care

Luna

I didn't know since when I was sitting on the floor. It was cold, but I wasn't feeling it. In fact, I wasn't feeling anything. Like a fool, I thought we would complete each other, and be each other's safe place.

I guess fairy tales really just exist in those old tales. My heart was feeling so empty that I didn't even want to cry right now. It has been almost five months since he came into my life, our little moments, the way we grew to love each other. I thought it was fate.

'ah! More like fate in your dictionary right?'

I placed my hands on my head to stop those voices from coming. No, it has to be a nightmare. My Declan would never do this to me.

He loved me....more than himself.

The phone rang and snatched me out of my thoughts. It was Lia. I smiled weakly, no matter what happens she is always there.

"Enjoying the party? You bitch the least you could do is to give some tea" her jolly voice soothed my heart somehow. I didn't reply, I was just listening.

"Hello? Lu? You there?" she said, the nickname triggered me.

Anything but that name.

"don't call me that...." I said weakly.

"DON'T CALL ME BY THAT NAME GODDAMIT" I yelled, my voice met with a short silence.

"I am coming to your house"

She hung up the call as I put the phone down. What was the use of her coming here anyway? I sighed leaning at the base of the sofa. I was still wearing that black dress, the one which he said suited me the most.

Within ten minutes I could hear her car horn, she was parking outside. As the gate was open she rushed inside.

"what the hell happened to you?" she asked, concern laced in her tone.

"Fate...that happened to me"
She looked around as if to find a clue. Without saying anything she hugged me. It made my dry eyes swell up in tears again.

"is it your parents?" she asked.

I shook my head and leaned closer to her. I was crying again.

"he betrayed me Lu, he was using me too as he used me" I managed to say between my cries.

"your roommate? The one who stayed with you" I cried nodding my head.

"Luna please don't cry like this, you know it hurts me. Please tell me what happened"

I tried to compose myself as she made me stand up. We went to my room, she dimmed the lights and sat near my legs as I was on my bed.

"Now tell me what happened"

I closed my eyes and started telling her everything. How in these past months we lived together, went on dates,  fell in love, and then what he did to me in the end.

"what the actual fuck, I will kill him!" I chuckle dryly, the irony I can't even wish for that.

"Luna I am serious! You know I have the power to destroy him!" I smiled seeing her.

"I don't want to be involved in this anymore. I am strong Lia, you know the things I have suffered in my life. It's ok I guess it was the god way of telling me that love is not in my books"

She looked at me with concern and worry. But I was telling the truth. It does feel hollow now but I will not stress myself by crying for that bastard.

Tears flowed through my eyes again, gosh! These will make an ocean at this rate.

"You should sleep now Lu, I will sleep with you today," She said, standing up

"too bad I don't swing that way lia" I laughed weakly as she glared at me.

"don't you dare try convincing me that you are okay by making these types of jokes"

I smiled, she really knew me so well that it was concerning. I slipped into the blanket hoping the whole night was a nightmare.

°°°°°°

"you will burn the damn house stupid get away!"

"huh? At least I am trying here"

"well no one needs your 'tries' "

I woke up hearing the voices from outside. Who the hell is there? I got out of my bed and went outside my room.

It was Sam and Lia? What the heck...

"guys?" I tried to gain their attention.

"how I wish you could just burn in this fire right now," Lia said gritting her teeth.

"Don't worry darling I will drag you along" Smirking, Sam turned off the stove.

I laughed, gosh this reminds me of high school. When are they gonna get along?

They both turned towards me, finally noticing my presence.

"Ahm.. Well we made you breakfast"
Sam said as he smiled.

"yea.. And it's exquisite" Grinning Lia held my hand, dragging me towards the table.

***
Vote and comment! ❤️