Sixteen

"I've been staring at you for a matter of minuets trying to see an qualities' you have" One of the men who was clearly gay told a few girls before me in front of everyone. The business had no idea what self respect was, they'd bash your body in front of everyone telling you your weight, height, anything wrong with you and won't even try to spare your feelings. I wanted to either get up and run or punch them in the face and I guess I should've made a decision quicker because before I knew it my name was called. My name rolled of his tounge perfectly loud which caused me to jump out of my seat, I automatically started shaking. I felt like If I tried to stand my legs would break trying to carry up my petite body. "Taissa Farmiga going once" He said clearly annoyed looking down at his sheet.

"Is she a no show?" He basically screams.

Again without thinking I raise my hand and let out a quite, "here." I feel the blood rush to my cheeks and my legs get even weaker as I walk onto the stage where all of the "equipment" was to see if you were model ready. I felt everyone glare at me and I felt very awkward, almost every girl their was a walking twig, they all had long flowing hair nearly down to their ass and skin tight outfits. Each one was mainly leg where I, was only 5'4 which was a pretty standard height and in heels made me even taller but I still was without a doubt a midget compared to these girls. One of the two men stared me down and snickered as I walked onto stage, "We all know your back story" He says once he walks passed me to guide me to the digital scale to see if I was the ideal weight. I obviously wasn't and felt a fool but I was already on stage with no point of return. I take off my flats and step onto the scale, I squeeze my eyes shut and pray for a good weight. It felt like minuets of torture to find my weight but in reality it only took a couple of seconds until the same man laughed and said something under his breath. "God you're making a fool out of yourself" He told me then wrote down my weight next to my head shots.

"Now for height" The other announces and guides me towards the wall like I was apart of the circus or a freak show for that matter, ah yes I can see my stage name now, "Taissa Farmiga the great Wanna bee Model" it'll be a miracle if I got to the next round of practice photo-shoots.

I stand up to the wall trying to look as tall as I could but the guy makes a loud groan and motions me to the exit. "Sorry but you meet no of the qualifications" The same man who hates me tries to sound upset but I know he was going to dance on my modeling dream's grave.

"Wait hold on" The other fights when I start to walk off stage. "She doesn't have to be runway. We offer many other modeling jobs" He tells me.

I turn around and stop in my tracks. Could this really be happening? "I'm Gregory and this is my partner Damien. Listen, you won't walk runway but luckily, we aren't just limited to that" He tells me and walks up to me with a list of possible jobs.

"Commercial modeling. You could be the face of anything really if they are in demand. Calvin Klein for example or anything like I said before. The world is your oyster" He tells me then winks.

I scan through the list of maybe 100 possible jobs, the possibilities were endless. They ranged from simple clothing store adds, to becoming the new face of Maybelline. "And if I get through these are my options?" I ask.

"Of course. One call can make you into a superstar more than you already are of course. Do you want to continue on to a trail photo shoot?" He asks.

I nod my head like a little girl forcefully giving me a little headache for a split second. While leaving the room, I hear one of the girls who was denied ask if she could tag along and of course Damien replied with a, "No you're not only too short but you're too ugly nobody would want to see your face on any cover of any magazine or the face for a company" I could help but laugh as we left to the other room down the hallway. It was a huge area full of a clothes and makeup station and the rest was where the photo-shoot would take place.