Moving

You walk into the blank house, everything looking so uncanny. You hear sniffing behind you as your mother pushes past. "The smell of a new house, isn't it just lovely?" She asks looking down at you. "If you count the smell of bleach as a lovely smell... sure." You say, your tone, bland. Your mother sighs and crosses her arms. "Are you going to be moody the whole time we're here? I promise you, that once I can get enough money from this job, we'll move back to Georgia. Just give me a little more time, okay?" She asks, slightly playing a bit with your hair. You would fight with her on that, but seeing how desperate her eyes were for you to just agree with her, you caved. "Alright, fine. I guess I can...try to make new friends." You say, avoiding eye contact. "I know it's going to be hard adjusting to a new environment, but trust me, once you get to your new school, everyone will be begging to be your friend. You just need to be patient." Your mother says, walking inside and placing her things down.

You sigh and walk to an empty bedroom, perfect for you to cover up with decorations. You struggle to bring in your boxes, holding around 50 things in each, if not more. You slice the tape in half to open the box and pull out some items such as plushies, sheets, blankets, and at least five pillows. Most people would ask why you had so many, and you didn't know why, but it was just the only way you could sleep. you organize your bed, still slightly messy, but clean enough. A knock on the door catches your attention, and your mother standing there with a smile. "Just wanted to see how you were doing, it's looking nice in here." She says walking in. "Thanks." you yawn out before stretching and sitting on the bed. "I'm glad you have the whole room figured out; I can barely pick a place to put up a picture. Maybe you can help me with mine once you get the time." Your mother jokes, resulting in an awkward laugh from you. "Yeah... maybe." You say, a bit embarrassed by the compliment. "Well, I'll let you finish up with yours, love you!" Your mother walks out as you try and call out to her, but she just shuts the door. You sigh and lay back on the bed, closing your eyes, waiting for the hell of a day you're going to have tomorrow.