Bus Stop

You wake up on the other side of the bed that you laid your head on and reach for your lamp, turning on the blinding light. You slightly shield your eyes before getting up to stretch out your sore as fuck muscles. You search the closet for the most practical clothing you could find for a cold day that is still good-looking. You quickly place on accessories and head downstairs only to find your mother drunk on the couch. You sigh and walk over to the kitchen, grabbing and handing her a water bottle. "Partied too hard last night?" You ask and she slightly giggles. "Yeah... sorry, but the bus isn't too far from here and your lunch is on the counter." She says, pointing to the brown paper bag on the counter. "thanks mom, love you." You say, kissing her forehead and grabbing the bag before heading out to the bus stop.

Once you get there, you notice a friend group hanging out there talking with each other, making you feel a bit out of place there. They seem to notice you and one even walks up, extending a hand out to you. "Randy, you are?" The brow hair teen says, causing your heart rate to go up to all hell. "Uh... I... um... Y/N!" You blurt out, gripping his hand. "woah! Hah, strong grip. Nice to meet you Y/N. Are you new? I've never really seen you around before." He asks, shaking your hand slightly before you yanking your hand away because it is growing sweaty. "oh yeah uh... just moved up here from Georgia." You stutter out and he gives an expression of understanding. "Georgia huh? I heard the girls down there are absolutely stunning." Randy says and your heart rate goes even higher. "Oh! Uh haha, I mean, I don't think so but you know." You say and a sniker in the background catches your attention. "Randy, stop trying to get in her pants." A tall blonde boy says, holding the hand of a much shorter blonde girl that most would call a bimbo from where you used to live.

 "Stu Macher, this is my girlfriend Tatum." The boy says and the girl lifts a hand to wave. "The other two numbskulls are Billy and Sidney, who are also dating...somehow." Stu jokes, resulting in a groan from Billy. "Oh shut it, dumbass." He says, and you slightly hold back a laugh from their constant banter. "Well, hi, it's nice to meet you all." You say, smiling ear to ear. Why did these people decide to talk to you? You will never know, but God is it exciting to have someone to talk to, let alone a whole group? "So why you here up in California? Is there any reason or just for shits and giggles?" Stu jokes, and Randy rolls his eyes as you slightly giggle. "Uh, well, my mom got moved up here for a job, and because I'm not 18 just yet, I had to go with her. Plus, I don't have money for rent." You say, your palm rubbing anxiously against your forearm. "Oh really, where does your mom work?" Randy asks, leaning against the railing. "She works at a hospital, she says more and more people are getting injured here and they desperately need the help." You say, getting slightly closer to him without him noticing.

"Oh hell yeah, we do. I think at least five people have died this week." Billy says, staring directly at you. "I think it's just dreadful what's happening. I mean whoever is doing this is sick fucks, killing people for what reason?!" Randy says as if looking for your intake. "Most killers do it for the reputation, their narcissists that have no self-respect so ill for the satisfaction of a little attention. It's so bad that some will even admit to their crimes once they're caught, even stuff that the police had no idea happened." You say a bit of a crime junkie. "Well, I wouldn't say that. Some do it for revenge, boredom, even inspiration." Stu says, making your skin crawl. "Yeah... I mean sometimes that is the case." You say, getting cut odd by the bus pulling up. The group passes by you, Randy staying behind before walking up behind you. "After you." He says raising an arm towards the bus door. "Thanks." You smile and walk on, the two of you sitting near the back. 

"So..." Randy starts, placing his bag on the ground. "Have you ever been to a school or were you homeschooled? Cause usually the people who come here in the middle of the year are only here because they needed some exposure." He asks. "Oh no, I was in school. Actually, I had a huge friend group I just... kind of got separated from them because of this huge move." You say, looking a bit down. "They didn't write down their numbers for you?" He asks, her face showing a bit of pity for you. "No, with my mom's job, she's constantly on the phone once she's home, so it wouldn't matter since I wouldn't even get to go on the computer." You respond and he gives a slight nod. "Well, I'll tell you what. I'll give you my number once I can, and maybe around... 1 we can call 'cause I'm pretty sure the car phone is free to use after that time, sound fair?" He asks and you could've sworn that your whole body bursted into flames. "Yeah! yeah sure sounds nice." You say as the bus slows down. "Awesome, talk to you tonight." He says, sliding out of the seat. "Yeah!... holy shit." You freak out for a bit before getting off the bus.