Chapters -15

When I arrived at the wedding venue, the sight made me raise an eyebrow. The security measures were so strict, it felt like entering a fortress rather than a wedding venue.

Guards in sharp suits with earpieces were stationed at every entrance, and metal detectors beeped as guests passed through. I couldn't help but wonder what they were trying to protect, the bride or the groom?

Finding my way to Tania's room, I knocked softly before entering. Inside, the room was a hive of activity, with Tania surrounded by a flurry of women helping her get ready for her big day.

"Tania," I greeted her with a warm smile, trying to push aside my lingering apprehension. "You look absolutely stunning."

Tania beamed at me, her eyes sparkling with happiness. "Thank you, Rhea! I'm so glad you could make it."

"As if I had a choice," I snorted, earning a playful glare from her.

I had been avoiding her calls, but she barged into my office and demanded that I attend her wedding or else she would go on a hunger strike. Of course, I had to show up.

"Puri family hi pagalo se bhari hain, main bata rahi hu. Especially her brother," I muttered under my breath.

As Tania's preparations neared completion, it was time to escort her to the mandap for the wedding ceremony.

I found Tania pacing back and forth, her nerves clearly getting the best of her.

"Tania, relax," I said, trying to calm her nerves. "You look stunning. Everything will be fine."

She stopped pacing and gave me a shaky smile. "Thanks, I just can't shake off these jitters."

Her cousin, Aditi, lounging on the couch, teased, "Look at you, Tania! Nervous on your big day? What happened to the bossy girl who used to order us around?"

Tania shot her a playful glare, but I could see the tension easing from her frame. "Shut it, Aditi. You have no idea. Agla number Tera hi hain."

I joined in the teasing, lightening the mood.

Finally, it was time to take Tania to the mandap. Along with the other ladies, I helped her with her veil.

Walking towards the mandap, I noticed Arjun standing at a distance, his gaze fixed on Tania. There was a softness in his eyes that I hadn't seen before. As a sister of two younger siblings, I could see how emotional and special this moment must be for them.

Our eyes met, and each moment felt heavier than the last. The understanding and empathy disappeared as the hurt won the battle. I felt a surge of anger rise within me. I glared at him and looked away.

Despite my efforts to push him out of my thoughts, his presence continued to linger, a constant reminder of the unresolved feelings between us.

As Tania took her place at the mandap, I realized I had forgotten my phone in her room.

I quickly excused myself and hurried back to retrieve it.

When I entered the room, I saw my phone lying on the dressing table. As I reached for it, I heard voices outside the window.

Curious, I approached and peeked out. As I peered out of the window, I saw Arjun in a serious conversation with a few guards. They were discussing security measures and seemed to be on high alert.

My curiosity piqued, I strained to listen in on their conversation.

"We need to be prepared for anything," Arjun was saying, his voice low but firm. "If things escalate, we can't afford to hesitate."

Arjun's phone rang, and he stepped away to answer it. From what I could overhear, he was discussing something about "torture" and "kill that bastard." A shiver ran down my spine. Killing? What was Arjun involved in?

I turned to leave the room. However, in my haste, my dupatta brushed against a vase, causing it to wobble precariously. I froze, praying it wouldn't fall.

No... Don't fall... No..... No... No!!!!

But luck wasn't on my side. With a loud crash, the vase toppled over, shattering into pieces on the floor.

Fight or Flight? I contemplated my options.

Heck, I don't even know why I was so hyperventilating. It's not like I was spying or heard a government's top secret, but still, rationality was never my friend.

Taking a deep breath, flight it is then.

I hurriedly walked out of the room as if I didn't just hear them or break the vase.

I came face to face with Arjun, who had appeared seemingly out of nowhere.

This quick... how?

I cursed under my breath. His expression was unreadable, and there was a dangerous glint in his eyes.

"What are you doing here?" he asked, his voice low and menacing.

"I-I was just... I forgot my phone," I tried to sound confident but stammered and felt a bead of sweat trickle down my spine. .

Arjun's gaze intensified, and he took a step closer, towering over me.
His silence was more intimidating than any words he could have spoken, I took one step back.

And ladies and gentlemen, the game of cat and mouse continues.

He walked me against the wall, his face inches from mine.

"Do you always snoop around where you don't belong?"

I could feel his breath on my skin, and despite my anger and now add fear, I couldn't deny the flutter of nerves in my stomach.

At this moment, I decided that I don't like butterflies.

---_--------------------------------------If you're enjoying the story, a vote and a comment would mean the world to me. Your feedback really motivates me to keep writing and updating regularly.

So, please, don't be shy—let me know your thoughts!

Thanks a bunch! Can't wait to hear from you!