𝟬𝟬𝟬|𝗵𝗶𝘀𝘁𝗼𝗿𝘆

"Long, long ago, Japan was a peaceful; prosperous land, a place where children played without fear, and birds sang without a care for the upcoming nights

"Long, long ago, Japan was a peaceful; prosperous land, a place where children played without fear, and birds sang without a care for the upcoming nights. The days were bright and the nights were calm and tranquil for all... But sadly, not all good things last forever. Demons emerged. Chaos and fear following with them, these demons lived for one thing, and one thing only.. the taste of human flesh-"

"Grandma, I don't like this story!!" A young girl whined,"It's too scary! I don't like it!" The small child tugged on the elderly lady's kimono sleeve, secretly hoping she'd give up on this cruel tale and switch to her usual stories featuring talking sparrows and magical bunnies that grant wishes to small children like herself.

"Oh [Y/N]," she chuckled, "it's not just some silly story."

"W-what?! T-the demons are gonna eat me-e-e??" Little [Y/N]'s glossy eyes shot open as if the woman had just told her the worst news she'd ever heard in her 5 years of living,

"No, no, don't worry the demons can't go into the sun. You'll be fine."

"Can they- do they only stay outside? And can't go inside?"

"They can come inside too."

"What!? Grandma! They're gonna eat me! They-they're gonna eat me grandma!!" [Y/N]'s voice trembled as she scrambled to retrieve her dangling legs from the edge of the engawa, clutching them close to her chest.

"Calm down, the demons won't get you, because the demon slayers stop them from gobbling everyone up!" The woman noticed she was scaring her granddaughter a bit too much with all this talk of man-eating demons and decided to distract her with a surprise tickle attack!

"Eek! S-sto-o-op th-at!" [Y/N]'s shrill laughter was infectious, being filled with so much innocence; such pure unbridled joy that it could make even the most stoic, crack a smile.

Eventually, the surprise tickle attack subsided and a sweet silence followed, well not for long..

"So, are the demon slayers good guys?"

The woman smiled fondly, "The best."

"Are they cool?"

"Yes, yes, the coolest people you could ever imagine."

Her [E/C] eyes sparkled, already being elated by whatever fantasy brewing in her head, "Wooahh, I wanna be a demon slayer! Do you think I could?"

Her grandmother hummed in agreement, "Of course, you're a special one you know. You have quite the unique mark on your back, it may be small now but as you grow, I'm sure it will too."
Her grandmother's curved smile never faltered as she rubbed small circles on [Y/N]'s back before delving into thought,

"Aah yes, I'm sure you'll make a fine slayer one day, dear..."

Word Count: 460

Word Count: 460