Volume 1 - Prologue

Life... what is the point of it all? 

Why are we here. 

Only to eventually fade away into nothingness? 

It's a question that haunts me, not because I feel any sense of existential dread or longing for purpose, but simply because it confounds me. 

I see the world through a lens given to me from the moment I was born. Devoid of the ability to capture intricacies that seem to captivate others. 

To me, life is a series of calculated moves. 

A game played with precision and strategy.

Just another game of chess that I have to win. 

Yet, despite my dispassionate perspective, I find myself pondering the meaning behind existence. 

We are born, we live out our days, and then we die. 

It's a cycle that repeats endlessly, each individual carving out their own little existence within the vast expanse of time. 

But why? 

What purpose does it serve? 

These questions echo in the back of my mind, gnawing at my curiosity.

Others speak of the beauty and vibrancy of life, of its endless hues and melodies. 

They find joy in the simplest of things, in the warmth of the sun on their skin or the laughter of loved ones. 

But to me, it all seems so... mundane. Black and white. A monotonous existence devoid of the vibrant colors they claim to see.

And yet, despite my skepticism, I find myself drawn to a peculiar experiment. 

A venture into the unknown realms of human emotion and perception. 

They are weaknesses, yes. I understand that better than anyone. But it still intrigues me. 

Enough to make me want to experience it. For myself. Feel my heart race once again. 

As it did. Once. When things were still hard. When there were things, I still couldn't understand. 

Hence, I have decided, after getting permission from that man, to see all of this for myself. To finally quench my never-ending curiosity. To finally decide if it's all really worth it or is the distorted prism through which I see the world the only way to perceive things. 

Perhaps in the midst of this exploration, I will finally grasp the elusive concept of beauty. 

Perhaps I will uncover the hidden depths of emotion that seem to elude me at every turn. 

Or perhaps... I will emerge unchanged, my skepticism reinforced by the mundane reality of human existence.

These three years... these borrowed three years of no intervention from that man. I am looking forward to it. 

This is my first time writing a story. Although I have a good friend who helped me write this and made it possible to publish this first chapter despite english not being my first language. Many thanks to Komrade! I will try to squeeze out a chapter soon enough. Bye!