𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 ⁰ | The Royal Ruse

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

THE ROYAL RUSE

In the dimly lit corridors of the grand Palace of Versailles, whispers of revolution echoed like a distant storm.

The last royal family of France moved through their opulent chambers with a mixture of weariness and apprehension.

Aware of the growing discontent among their subjects. Though doing nothing to fix the situation.

King Louis XVI, a man burdened by the weight of tradition and the expectations of his ancestors.

-Sat in his private study surrounded by maps and letters from concerned nobles.

His wife, Queen Marie Antoinette, paced restlessly, her mind troubled by recent rumors of unrest in the streets of Paris.

Rumors of creatures of the night had reached their fair city just days earlier.

Their children, the Dauphin and the Princess Royal, played in the gardens under the watchful eyes of their governess, oblivious to the political turmoil that threatened to engulf their world.

Unbeknownst to the royal family, a small group of vampires had infiltrated the palace disguised as servants.

Under the cover of night, as the palace guards were distracted by the commotion outside, the vampires made their move.

The last royal family of France, powerless and surrounded by creatures they could barely comprehend.

King Louis XVI could only watch as their reign came to an abrupt and tumultuous end.

He felt it as his blood was stolen from his body. Bringing his bloodline to shame.

Elijah shook his head as Kol drained the king of his blood.

"Animal," Finn mumbled crossly while walking past the two.

Kol only paused in his actions to stick out his tongue childishly at his eldest brother. Blood dripping down his chin as he did so.

Finn rolled his eyes and went to seek out the children of the victims.

The kids would be compelled to forget about their past lives and brought to a loving noble family deep in Paris.

While Niklaus went to get rid of the past queen.

It was necessary for them to cover all their tracks. No one had seen the royal family much in the past.

Which would hopefully allow the Mikaelsons to effortlessly steal thier status and wealth.

It had been a strategic plan thought out by the great Niklaus Mikaelson.

They would all replace the royals and would hide in plain sight from Mikael.

The ends justified the means in their eyes. A saying that Niklaus had adored since he learned it back in 1528. A phrase invented by "The Prince," in approximately 1523.

The dawn of a new era had arrived, leaving behind a legacy of opulence and privilege shattered by the forces of change.

━━━━━━━━━435 Words