seventeen

By the time the duo has finished their food and the boy finished paying, he took the girls hand and led her outside, signalling that he was leading her towards the beach.

"where are you taking me?", she called out in a slightly pitched tone, clearly feeling the adrenaline.

"i've got one more thing to show you before we wrap this up."

Once their feet dug into the heavy sand, she called out a light "shit" under her nose. "i'm sinking into the sand with my heels!", she called out, stopping the boy from moving any further into the sanded area.

The boy made his way closer to the girl and turned his back to her, lowering his entire body to reach the height of hers.

"what are you doing?", she laughed out.

"get on my back, i'm gonna carry you so you don't sink into the sand.", he stated while patting his back.

With one movement, she jumped on his back and immediately held the side of his shoulders. He put his arms underneath her legs to steady the girl from falling every few steps he took until he eventually arrived by the chosen area.

He started to put the girl down when he called out again. "your shoes gotta suffer that one time, i'm gonna buy you new ones if these get damaged."

He put the girl down and turned around to face her. She immediately tried to bite down her laugh at Jude's mixed expression of seriousness and nervousness at once.

"what's with that expression?", she called out in a positive tone, the sweetest grin forming on her face.

"so-", he finally started, his voice shaky. He wiped his hand against his forehead, clearly looking for the perfect words.

The girl let out a small laugh and went closer to hold his shaking hand. "why are you so nervous?", she asked comfortingly, the smile still remaining on her face. "you know that you can be all chill around me."

"yeah, right-", he called once again and exhaled a huge breath.

"so we've been talking for some months now and you clearly make me feel the way i seem right now. you make me nervous but in a good way and i like feeling nervous in a good way- when it comes to you.", he was going on for about a minute, wiping his forehead every now and then.

"and- i'm just gonna get to the point.", he finished quickly. "can i be your boyfriend?"

She fell him into his arms and let out a laugh once she felt him let out a long shaky breath. "of course?!", she called out. "i thought you'd never ask."

Nalani let go of his neck and went to face him.

"i can finally take a breath.", he breathed out while holding into his stomach, making the girl laugh out loud.

They made their way to his car after the cold breeze coming from the beach was finally getting to them after being secured in a warm feeling for a good while.

They were now getting closer to her house once he decided to change the subject. "do you want to go public any time soon?"

She turned her head towards him. "let's keep this private and drop hints little by little", she stated. "we could go public in our one month anniversary"