six

She makes sure no one's
around to see her fall apart
She wants to be the one that never does

She makes sure no one's around to see her fall apart She wants to be the one that never does

[ chapter six - broken and bruised ]

(Chapter TW's: This chapter contains non-canon gore, death, and violence along with themes of depression and self-loathing. It slightly dives back into the self-harm headspace and there is a section that describes underaged drinking. If any of these things might trigger you, please stop reading and seek the proper help.)

She's walking down a dark hallway, thunder booming outside and rain pattering against the windows. Lightning flashes occasionally and the windows are threatening to open from the wind, making the candles on the windowsills flicker.

Something is pressing against faintly against her back—if she had to guess, she would say it's the point of a sword but she doesn't turn around to find out.

Her footsteps echo through the hallway as she walks, along with whoever is walking behind her, pressing the sword into her back.

The hallway ends at a large doorway, the arch decorated with intricate designs of flowers and vines. She's pushed through the open doorway and into a large room, two thrones against the back wall with a pedestal in the center of the room.

"Do it." The tip of the sword pushes forward poking her harder. It's a boys voice, cold and gruff.

She wants to ask what she's supposed to be doing, but her lips won't move in the way she wants them too. Instead, she asks him, "And if I don't?"

He traces the point of the sword down her spine making a shiver run through her. "You know your options and you know what you need to do. So do it. And be quick. We don't have all day."

"More like night" She mutters, and takes a step forward.

As she went to take another step in order to continue moving forward, she stops at the sound of a familiar scream. "Cassie, what are you doing?!"

It makes her eyebrows furrow with confusion. It was Peyton's voice—a desperate and confused question.

"What are you doing?!" Peyton's voice repeats desperately.

"What the fuck is up with the voice thing?" Cassandra asks, hand moving to her wrist where her charm bracelet is supposed to be. But it isn't. Her wrist is bare. Which means she's weaponless.