Chapter 2: Stubborn

He's looking at me.
Wtf?
I turned my head around to face my locker so fast, I could hear my neck cracking.
I pretend to be searching for my books, trying to busy myself away from the accidental eye contact just now.
I closed the locker door after I got my books out and made sure that the coast was clear of Nate's.
I walked to class with new vigor in my steps.
I could feel my face warmth as my mind wandered to him.
Damn him and his face, can't believe I'm this fucking easy.
....
What was he even looking at anyway?
I stared at him before and we never locked eyes, not even once. I feel like Nate is the type that only pays attention to one thing, he doesn't look like the type that lets his eyes linger away from his centre of attention.
Weird..or maybe I'm the weird one for breaking down his personality like a fucking body language pro.
I sighed to myself.
Whatever.

The next day came.
It's Tuesday now, and my third subject of the day is math.
If I'm being honest I'm kinda excited about this class now that I can see Nate close up without being a creep.
As I stepped into the class I saw that Nate was in the same seat he was in yesterday and that the seat on his right was empty.
...should I?
I should.
But should I????
I sat myself next to his table and started pulling out my pencil case and yesterday's homework.
The class continued like normal, I jotted down the formula, while at the same time wreaking my brain to find the answer to this stupid question.
I bite on the tips of my pen in frustration.
The class ends.
And as everyone leaving I went to ask the teacher about how to do some of the questions.
After he explained to me patiently, I looked at the seat next to me to see that Nate was in the same position he was in yesterday. Heads down on the table, unmoving.
I moved closer to his table.
Is this a trap?
"Nate? The class already end"
I said with anxiety laced in my voice.
....
? He's still not moving.
Not a trap then?
I pulled out a bunch of white rabbit candy from my pocket and put it on his table consciously.
I could feel a smile forming on my face as I stared at the top of his head.
His hair looks so soft.
"Ms Y/N!"
I turned quickly when the teacher called for my name.
"Can you try to wake Mr Jacobs up, I'm tired of having to tell him to not fall asleep in class"
"Umm, I did try he doesn't seem like he gonna move-"
I hear from behind me the screeching of a chair being pushed back.
"Fuck, I'm sorry Mr Harrison"
"If you're sorry then don't sleep in my class"
I turned my head around and looked up to see that he was already staring at me.
I took a step away from me, feeling a bit threatened by the way his figure loomed over me.
"Well it's good that you're up"
I said while picking up my bag and making my way out of class.
As I walk in the hallway I feel a hand larger than mine, grabbing my wrist harshly and pulling it backwards.
"You're insane!?-"
The owner of the hand is Nate.
Fuck.
His grip on my wrist started to ache.
"Can I help you, Nate? I really have to go to my bio class right now"
Knowing our size difference, I wasn't even trying to retrieve my wrist, I knew I couldn't. It's better to not act rashly and mentally prepared when push comes to pull.
His face was cold, honestly when is it not? Even while he's gripping my wrist his expression remains emotionless. There's no spark in his eyes.
He rummaged in his pocket and pulled out the candy I gave him.
Why is he showing me this?
"Do you know who gave this to me?"
I stared into his eyes to see a tiny spark in it, in the ocean of darkness.
I swallowed the bile in my throat.
"Why do you want to know?"
He sighed in annoyance as he stared me down.
"So you know who is it?"
I try to flex my wrist but it only makes him grip my wrist tighter.
I glared at him.
You fucking hot sociopath, what am I to do with you?
"Well yeah, I gave you that and the coffee candy yesterday"
I said while playing with my hair.
His expression turned to surprise.
"Why did you give me those candies?"
"Just felt like I should be doing my kind deed of the day"
I looked at my watch and cursed under my breath.
I shove my watch on his face.
"I'm officially 25 minutes late to bio class now, you got your answer, can you let me go now? My hands and legs are numb"
I pout as I try to move my legs to keep my blood flowing.
He let go.
Fucking finally!
But there's this look. That I'd never seen grace his face before, he was intrigued.
"Next time... give it to me when I'm awake, I want you to give me candy everyday from now on"
He leans towards my face.
"I don't mind. But why? Can't you just buy it yourself?"
I could even give him money if that's the issue! Please don't talk to me, I was loving the whole he's an unreachable popular jock we got going on!
He then looked to his side and shrugged.
"Yours taste better"
No, it tastes the fucking same.
Shit my class!
I turned around and started running to class while waving my hand towards him.
"Yes! I'll buy you candies! Just if you want to talk to me can you not do it during class hours!"
As I ran I heard him yell back
"No promise!"
That motherfucker.

The candy for today's chapter: