10. Marriage

Ae meri Zohra jabeen
Tujhe maloom nhi
Tu abhi tak hai haseen
Aur mai jawan
Tujhpe kurban meri Jaan,
Meri Jaan

٩(◕‿◕)۶

Reet's POV :

Reet Harshvardhan Singh Choudhary

My new identity and to be honest my first identity.

Right now I was sitting in a room of the farmhouse and as choudhary Ji said that only Raj and Veer bhaiya will be there to attend the marriage so there was no one to get me ready, I wore the Lehnga myself and I don't know how but Veer bhaiya knows so much about these things, Veer bhaiya was the only one who helped me in getting ready.

When I asked him that 'how does he know all this?' then he just shrugged off the question and gave a very awkward smile to me, is he hiding something? or maybe I'm only overthinking about it.

I was now totally ready and sitting in the room alone thinking about choudhary ji, he seriously do not need to do this marriage when he doesn't even love him. Why people only pity me? I miss my father & brother.

But still I was happy that I'll get a life in which I'll only be able to live with Choudhary ji and no one else, my comfort person.

I was in my thoughts when suddenly Raj bhaiya came and said

"Reet, beta (child) come the priest is calling you and yes your groom is looking so tempting!" He said maybe trying to make me feel a little better and yes he was successful in it, I smiled on his child like behaviour.

I got up, came out of the room and saw Veer bhaiya standing there with a smile on his face and they both started to walk a little behind me and as soon as I saw choudhary ji, my heart beat stopped. He was looking like the heaven in which wine is considered as a prohibited item.

(Wine is allowed in heaven & taken as very normal thing but maybe our fml doesn't like wine that's why she said this)

His body totally adapted the sherwani and he was actually looking so tempting, I just wanted to stare at him for the rest of my life. I calmed down my dil-e-beqarar (A heart who is impatient) as my heart was now totally impatient to be his even though I knew that he have no interest in me.

I slowly went downstairs and he was also staring at me, I sat beside him and my gaze went to his and I gave a smile to him.

I diverted my gaze and looked at the front only to get tears in my eyes, I looked at choudhary ji who was already looking at me. He slowly kept his hand on mine and whispered in my ears so that I can hear him even though the mantras were going on.

"Hayat, don't think that I tortured someone to tell me about your father looks. I actually found a picture of you and your father in Nathuram pocket so I thought to give a little surprise to choudhary ji ki biwi, do you like it?"

Hearing his talks I literally just wanted to hug and cry my heart out in his embrace and never ever leave him.

I again looked at the front only to see my father portrait which was painted in a very beautiful way. I can even see the small details and his white beard, it looked so real. I miss him, I miss my father.