Rise From Your Ashes

Rhaenyra Targaryen is taken to Aegon, her half-brother rises from his throne, smirking. "I had not expected you to surrender yourself to me, dear sister." he says sarcastically.

"Brother, I hoped you were dead." Rhaenyra says. "After you, you are the elder." Aegon says with a more serious tone.

Suddenly, Sunfyre rises from his resting place in the corner. Aegon, the younger Rhaenyra's son, looks to his mother terrified. He expects himself to be fed to the dragon, but no, it was much worse.

A guard pushes Rhaenyra in front of the dragon. She looks back to her son, she smiles at him, the guards walk away hurriedly. The dragon walks closer and opens its jaws.

Aegon then realizes what was about to happen. "Wait, no mother!" He screams at the top of his lungs as his uncle walks closer to him, giggling. Rhaenyra makes no attempt at escape as she prepares herself.

She closes her eyes as the heat coming from the dragon engulfed her. She could hear her son screaming, begging his uncle to let his mother go.

Suddenly, everything was... quiet, she couldn't hear her son begging for her life. She didn't feel the heat of the dragon. The laughter of her half-brother was no longer there.

She opened her eyes, she looked at her surroundings with a confused face. She was still on Dragonstone, but she was now in her old bedchambers, resting in her comfortable robes.

She quickly ran out of the room looking for her son. In her mind, she wasn't the one eaten it was her son. Instead, she hoped that this wasn't the case.

She runs down the halls when she sees something or rather someone. It was her son, Lucerys, but how was this possible? She thought it was a dream, yet she still ran to her son and immediately hugged him.

"How is this possible?" Rhaenyra says tears forming in her eyes. Lucerys looks at her confused. "Mother? Why are you crying?" Lucerys says.

Rhaenyra looks at him, placing a hand on his face. "I missed you." Rhaenyra says. Lucerys was still confused , and his mother had just had a nightmare or something of the sort. He hugs her back and informs her about breakfast.

Rhaenyra, still smiling widely, agrees. When they walk inside the dining hall, she sees faces she had not seen in years. Daemon, Jacerys, Joffrey, Aegon, Viserys, Rhaena, they were here actually here.

They all greet her, Daemon is quick to run to her side, reminding her that she shouldn't stress herself during her pregnancy. Rhaenyra, confused looks at his husband. She realizes she was with child.

She finally understands. She was now back to the same day the dance started. The day she lost her father, her son, her daughter. She nearly tears up, but realizes if this was the case, she could stop the dance.

After their meal, Rhaenyra decides to spend more time with her children and husband this was the last day her family was truly happy.

Hours pass by, and it was now noon. She and her husband Daemon were having a conversation about the houses of westeros. Suddenly, a guard speaks, "Princess Rhaenys, of the house Velaryon."

Rhaenyra looks up, she recognizes this. "Your father, Viserys, has passed." Rhaenyra remembers how everything played out. She nearly let everything happen exactly as it did. But she had hope, and she would not let it happen again.

"I share this grief with you, Rhaenyra. Your father possessed a kind heart." Rhaenyra looks up tears in her eyes."There is more, Aegon has been crowned after him." Daemon looks down in anger.

"I was there to witness it right before I fled on Meleys." Rhaenys says. "That whore of a queen murdered my brother and took his throne, and you could have burned them for it" Daemon says

"Enough! It wasn't the princess Rhaenys' war to start. Princess, I want you to stay here on Dragonstone. " Rhaenys looks confused, and so does Daemon. "You're husband Corlys, is to arrive in a few hours from now, I want you to attend to him as his wife."

Rhaenys looks confused, but she doesn't want to argue with Rhaenyra. "How do you know that?" Daemon asks. "I just do." Rhaenyra walks out of the room.

As a few Dragon keepers are gathering the dragon eggs, Rhaenyra suddenly interrupts them. "I want you to bring all the eggs to the top of the dragonmont." The Dragon keepers bow to her, confused. "Bring all the eggs, even the dormant ones." Rhaenyra says.

Rhaenyra tells her husband to gather all the lords above the dragonmont, as well as telling her men to dig a pit and place coal in it. No one knew what she was planning, but they did all the princess asked.

A few hours pass by everyone is gathered around the huge pit of coal, a piece of metal has been placed above it (idk how to describe it but it's basically the like metal used on barbecue to like keep the food from touching the coal) The eggs were evenly placed on top.

Rhaenyra walks in front of it before turning around to see Ser Erryk Cargyll, a bag around his shoulder. Her guards stop him from coming any closer. Daemon approaches him as he pulls something out from the bag.

The crown of her father. "I swear to ward the queen." Daemon takes the crown and places it on her head. Everyone immediately bows to her except Princess Rhaenys.

Rhaenyra looks to her son, Aegon, who is being held by his nanny. She picks takes her child from the maid, she tells her son something no else couldhear. Suddenly, the Dragon keepers let a small dark grey dragon approach the pit.

It was Stormcloud, the prince's dragon. "Dracarys." he whispers silently, even Daemon could barely hear it. The dragon bathed the pit with flame.

Rhaenyra stares at the flame at a long period of time. She is deep thought. She had seen her family fall now she would change everything. She would survive all of them would. She will no longer consider peace. She will win.