ii

II

II. café thoughts
❝ ____ ❞

   ヾ₊˚. again music box
is now rolling . . .

the blonde • tv girl
who's gonna pay attention
to the redheads of the world

___________

      LEE YEORIN WAS SO ENGROSSED IN HER MATHEMATICS BOOK AT THE CAFÈ SHE WAS CURRENTLY SEATED AT, that she didn't realize the sun sinking down the horizon. she was completely focused on her homework. grade twelve had just arrived, and she was already diving into her assignments.

taking a short needed break, she sinked into her chair and feeling the weight of calculus and equations lift from her mind momentarily. but knowing herself all too well, a few minutes of respite would easily turn into hours.

picking up her phone beside the two empty chocolate latte cups, she found herself mindlessly scrolling through pinterest, in spite of having nothing urgent to occupy her time.

if she were truly honest with herself, she'd admit that ever since her time at deecelis academy, her life had become chaotic.

as a fifth grader, she had developed a crush on someone, perhaps more out of curiosity or peer pressure rather than genuine feelings. her new friends passed her a note, informing her that a guy had been staring at her.

she felt discouraged and unsure, but she found herself approached by the boy, who asked her if she liked him. her friends made the decision for her, leaving her feeling surprised and uncertain about what was genuinely happening.

she found out through a text from his best friend (by the end of grade five) that jongseong —jay— liked her.

however, she didn't realize she was already in a relationship but she didn't like the idea of it anyway. her friends took her phone and responded on her behalf. she started feeling uncomfortable, she decided to start avoiding jongseong and eventually stopped talking to him altogether by the end of sixth grade.

as she tried to let him down gently, she started avoiding his texts and ducking out of run-ins at school. but there was one guy, whom she thought was named jaeyun, who she couldn't shake from her mind. then, one day, she slipped up and called him jake by accident. rather than correct her, he simply went with it. she found it somewhat cute.

as sixth grade came to an end, seventh grade begun and she began to realize everything around her was just a hazy memory.

she met a boy named jongseob, who seemed genuine, and she developed feelings for him briefly. however, when he confessed his feelings for her, she felt guilty for not being honest about her own feelings and agreed to date him for the first term.