Chapter 4

Kuni rushed to school next morning, and saw Kazuha at the front entrance.

"Kazuha! Good news, I can now go to the Iridori Festival."

Kazuha looked shocked.
"Really? How did you manage to convince your family?"

I didn't convince them. Heres what happened:

*Kuni explains what he did to Shou last night*

"Wow... thats great! Are you sure that this will be ok? I don't want you to get in trouble if they find out."

"Don't worry.
The most my mother will do is yell at me, but if she finds out the order was erased on Shou's end she will be the only one to blame for that.
After all, they still believe that I am unable to tamper with the orders system, since I was a "failed creation"birth. That was one of the reasons I was deemed a failure.
I may be more human than all of them, but I'm still capable of the things they never thought I was."

Kazuha frowned, he honestly couldn't imagine either of his parents deeming him a failure for something that wasn't his fault. Moreover, something that either one of them were responsible for in his up-bring.

He wanted to hug him so bad, but figured he would wait until after school to do so.
Since Kuni is uncomfortable hugging in public.

*time skip*

Kazuha was done with sword training, and Kuni was done with Catalyst spell-mastering class.
They waited a bit after school before meeting up, and walked over to the local tea shop.
Kazuha looked to make sure no one was around before pulling Kuni into a hug in the street corner.

Kuni blushed. "Hah- whats with you today?"

"Nothings wrong. I just wanted to see you."

"You just saw me earlier before my last class... idiot, hehe"

Kazuha just held him before looking down at him, "so then... Iridori festival together is a yes?"

Kuni nodded. "Of course.
Thats the only reason I decided to take advantage of the situation with my mom being sick."

Kazuha let go of him, and they continued walking to Kazuha's house before parting ways.

Before going home, Kuni wanted to get a present for Kazuha, now that he was going to see him at the festival.
He also needed to find a good Yukata, or something to wear, anything but the skimpy dress, or whatever Ei wanted him to wear.
Unfortunately there were no gift stores around, and Kuni didn't really know what Kazuha would like.

As he was unlocking the door to his house, he saw a maple leaf glide towards his face.
He quickly shooed it off.
He glanced at it now on the porch floor, and realized that would work for his gift.
He plucked a few more leaves from the maple tree in front of his mansion, and took them upstairs to his room.
He searched his cabinet for gold paint, and painted 1 side of each leaf gold.
Then, he ran upstairs to his printer room to print a bunch of photos of him and Kazuha
He rendered & cut them to size so that way they'd fit into the leaves.
He then took a needle and poke a hole through all the leaves at once, and secured them with a gold ring, to make this a photo album type of gift.
Kuni isn't often very nostalgic or sentimental, but he knows Kazuha is, especially when talking about his parents, or even Kuni himself.

Perfect, this may finally be my way of telling him...