Chapter 2 - Can I sit here?

It was morning, and Y/n was just walking through the castle corridors, making her way to the Great Hall. “Morning Adrian” she said after she saw the brown haired boy. “Oh- hey! Sleep well?” he asked in a sleepy voice “Yes, you?” “Yes, quite well” Once Adrian finished his sentence, Y/n looked up at him with an eyebrow raised. “You’ve been texting Audrey all night haven’t you!” A small grin grew on Y/n’s face as she playfully hit Adrian on the shoulder. “How did you know?!” He slightly giggled as Y/n playfully shoved him “We've been friends since before Hogwarts, you think I wouldn’t know when you’re lying to me?”. Adrian scoffed in disbelief at the words that had just come out of Y/n’s mouth. They carried on talking and making their way to the Great Hall.
“I honestly think it’s absurd that we can’t sit at whichever table we want. Like I get it, we need to do it for the sorting ceremony, but why do we need to do it all the time? Some people have friends outside of their assigned house” Y/n started complaining “You know what, you have a good point!” Adrian exclaimed. “But sadly, I don’t have an answer.” Y/n was annoyed that she couldn’t sit next to Adrian, but it was what it was.
They eventually arrived at the Great Hall and sat down at their tables. Y/n was just minding her business eating her breakfast when a red-haired boy stood opposite her and said “Hey, mind if I sit here?” Y/n’s eyes widened, shocked at what he had just said. Someone actually wants to sit next to me? “No, not at all” Y/n smiled at the red-headed boy. “I’m Fred” he introduced himself, “My name’s Y/n” she said with a slightly shaky voice, nervous to say something stupid, but luckily, he didn’t notice. “Why are you sitting all alone?” “Oh- well no one really wants to sit next to me” the boy looked at Y/n with confusion and boldly said “Well I honestly don’t understand at what kind of level of dumbass you have to be not to sit next to such a gorgeous girl like yourself”. Y/n felt her cheeks heat up, and she turned her gaze slightly down, not knowing what to say. No one’s ever complimented me like that, she thought. “What’s your next class?” Fred asked with a kind smile on his face “Oh, um- Transfiguration” “Mine too! Would you do me the honor of walking you to class?” Y/n’s face turned a brighter pink by the second “Sure, why not?” she said, trying to hide how nervous he made her feel.

Author’s note: The fact that I wrote this chapter while listening to Bad Reputation by Joan Jett & the Blackhearts is just👌.
Ps: I wrote this around 10-11 pm.