⁂ 𝐄𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐍 ⁂

✧ 𝐒𝐂𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐌 𝐕𝐈 ✧
𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐍𝐓 - '𝐒𝐓𝐑𝐎𝐍𝐆' 𝐋𝐀𝐍𝐆𝐔𝐀𝐆𝐄
[𝐍𝐎 𝐐𝐔𝐈𝐍𝐍/𝐃𝐎𝐄𝐒𝐍'𝐓 𝐅𝐈𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐒 𝐏𝐋𝐎𝐓]

'when i run out of road, you bring me home.'
— sweet creature, harry styles.

𝐎𝐍𝐄:

"Something's off about him."
"No guy acts like that, he's such a dork!"
"How is he Chad's friend?"

So many statements from various people; so many 'red flags' and — yet — you chose to ignore them. You knew you could trust him,
he'd been your best friend since you were five. And you were in love with him as much as he was with you, you had a very close friendship, and everyone knew it. So when Mindy sits everyone down in a park on campus and starts going through her suspects, you feel aggravated when she starts pinning you both as potential Ghostfaces.

"Ethan." She turns to your best friend, "The shy, dorky guy who no-one suspects because he's so shy and dorky!"
"Wait, that's why I'm on the suspect list?" Ethan scoffs, his eyes darting from Mindy to you as he gives you a 'is she serious?' look from your position with your head resting on his lap.
"Exactly that. It could be a façade!" Mindy hints not so subtly.
"You're full of shit, Minds." You reply, not even looking up at her, "I know Ethan, okay? He's always with at least one of us, or in class or something, you're just blaming us because you wanna draw away from the fact that you got it wrong last year. Is that not a revenge plot for yourself?"
Brutal. Did you actually just say that? Of course there's no way it could actually be Mindy, but you don't think it'd be Ethan. No way.
"I'm pretty sure we can clear me, Chad, Sam and Tara, considering last year, though I like the way you think." Mindy says, slightly matter-of-fact, "I'm just saying, it could be Ethan, it could be you, hell, it could be Anika. But, back to you. We don't even know a lot about you. What's your arc?"
"God, Mindy, can't you just drop this?" Ethan asks.
"Why should I? That's something Ghostface would want, no?" She retorts, "And that's not even the worst part!"
"Here's where she tells us the worst part." Chad states sarcastically.
"This isn't just any requel, it's a requel without Sidney Prescott. Without her, and Dewey, that just leaves Gale. Why would Ghostface target her when there's all of us? They've obviously moved onto our group, which means, Sam and Tara are gonna have to be extra cautious, and so will we."
"Great." Ethan sighs, stroking your soft, glossy hair with his hands gently.

LATER IN THE NIGHT, you're hanging with Ethan in your dorm. Still oblivious to who he actually is under the act, you're sat beside him on your bed, "I know it's not you. Don't listen to Mindy, she makes her uncle her whole personality as if his 'tips' are a survival guide for life. Look where that got him." Jesus. You didn't have the intention for that to come out so mean, but it did. Still, it earns a chuckle from Ethan, who'd been looking especially pouty today as a result of earlier on. He looks up at you with those puppy brown eyes, "You're the only one who gets me, you know?"
"You think?" You reply softly. He's so sweet.
"Definitely. You're the only person I talk to like this. I like that about you, our deep conversations."
"It makes me special, huh?" You giggle.
"100%, 100%. You're special to me."
You roll your eyes at his cringey words and audibly laugh, but he doesn't.
"I'm serious. If anyone ever hurt you, they'd get karma not only with twice as much pain but it'd come to them twice as fast. I can't risk losing you, you're the one person that keeps me going in my life."
Your eyes soften, the glassy expression from before now fading away. Maybe he did like you back after all. Just maybe. But if you tell him how you feel, and he doesn't, then your friendship would be awkward and ruined. All the good times would be replaced by embarrassing memories. A tough choice, but you can't risk that.

𐬿𐬾𐬿𐬾𐬿

𝐄𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐍 𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓 𝟏 𝐎𝐕𝐄𝐑!
𝐢'𝐦 𝐚𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐠𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐩 𝐟𝐨𝐜𝐮𝐬𝐞𝐝, 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐢 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞 𝐰𝐡𝐨𝐥𝐞𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐦𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐞𝐧𝐝. 𝐢 𝐰𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝'𝐯𝐞 𝐚𝐝𝐝𝐞𝐝 𝐐𝐮𝐢𝐧𝐧 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐛𝐞𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚 𝐆𝐡𝐨𝐬𝐭𝐟𝐚𝐜𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝'𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐚𝐝𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐥𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐨𝐛𝐥𝐢𝐯𝐢𝐨𝐮𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐰𝐡𝐨 𝐡𝐞 𝐢𝐬 𝐚𝐬 𝐬𝐡𝐞'𝐬 𝐄𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐧'𝐬 𝐬𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫!! 𝐢 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐞 𝐢'𝐥𝐥 𝐦𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐮𝐩 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐢𝐭 𝐚𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐚 𝐐𝐮𝐢𝐧𝐧 𝐢𝐦𝐚𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐞!! 𝐥𝐞𝐭 𝐦𝐞 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐞𝐞 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐮𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐞, 𝐢𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐦𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐦𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐚 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐭𝐰𝐨 𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐥𝐞 𝐢 𝐦𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐢𝐦𝐚𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐲𝐰𝐚𝐲!! 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐚𝐧 𝐚𝐦𝐚𝐳𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐝𝐚𝐲/𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐚𝐦𝐚𝐳𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐩𝐞𝐨𝐩𝐥𝐞 <𝟑