Chapter 8: A Confirmed Master Plan After Visiting My Cartoon Girlfriend

As a reminder: I am a human being, and I have a cartoon character for a girlfriend.  As a part of that, my boss has asked me to visit the cartoon world she lives in and help them out with problems they might have once in a while.  One of the interesting perks of that involved my body turning into a green cartoon dog to blend in with the native citizens of the town of the eponymous animated series, "The Whimsical World of Brighthue." Except the show isn't animated, so much as it's a slice-of-life reality show of real-life cartoon characters.  For the sake of safety, I was requested by my boss to take a medical exam. I managed to confirm that I was the peak of health.  At least, in my toon form, at least.

For the sake of getting the "boring" part out of the way quickly, I will retroactively say that after I finished my business in Brighthue that day, I also managed to go to a human doctor as a human in the human world.  I was pretty much told the same thing my doctor always tells me: I need to either start taking multi-vitamins daily for the rest of my life, or eat more vegetables for the sake of my own health.  I mean, it's fair.  But, I wasn't quite done in Brighthue yet, even if I did manage to get a method to travel between the human world and the toon world whenever I wanted.  The iten in question is called the Dye-mensional Projector.

The little cube looked like a certain three-by-three-by-three puzzle cube famous in America back in the 1980s and beyond.  Except, instead of six differently colored sides, all six sides were gray.  I wasn't confident that it would work, so I originally decided to test it out.  But I wasn't sure how effective it would be, considering its creator just tried to abduct and experiment on me.  So the safest thing I could think of, was to try to use it somewhere safe.  Somewhere I knew wouldn't cause any problems if I barged through a random door unannounced.  The decision I came to: the linen closet of my girlfriend's apartment.  Nobody checks the linen closet, and it's just boring enough that no cartoon shenanigans would happen and cause any problems!

After finding my way back to the Brighthue Zoo, I waved hello to the familiar flamingo receptionist. She waved back, and I made my way to the home apartment of my girlfriend.  Before I knocked on the door, I remembered the last time I visited.  When I knocked on the door it swung open on its own.  Because her bathroom was directly across from the front entrance (and the door to it was open), I ended up with various household items being thrown at me.  It wasn't pleasant. So, to avoid the expected eccentric encore, I put my back against the wall next to her door, and knocked.  This time, the door didn't budge.  After confirming it, I faced the door and knocked again in earnest.

"One minute~," she intoned in a sing-song voice.  When the door opened, there she was from head to toe: an adorable pair of pink dance shoes affixed to her ankles with matching ribbon, an equally pink skirt, and her caramel-brown hair done up in a ponytail.  Since she was a toon, she had the classic four-fingered gloves that nearly all toons have on each of her hands.  The color of her hair matched her spots and the same fur on the tip of her short yellow-orange tail. And her tail matched the same hue of color as her lightly furred skin, majestically long neck, and the adorable little ossicones on the top of her head.  Oh, did I mention that she was a cartoon giraffe yet?  Could've sworn that I did... maybe it was another chapter, my bad.

Anyway, she clasped her hands together, gasped in joy, and beamed at me like an angel.  An adorable, dainty, long-necked angel.  "Wrighty!"  She grabbed me around my waist with her hands, and her neck craned down to give me a prolonged cheek-smootch, complete with a rather loud mwah!  She then proceeded to continue planting kisses all over my face.  I won't lie, I missed the affection. It was a couple days since I visited her last, and it was nice to see her. (Mostly because I spent the day after our first date sleeping off the exhaustion.)

(...not THAT kind of exhaustion, sicko!  I JUST said it was the first date!  I'm not that kind of guy!)

"Hi, Ginny! I take it you missed me? Ha ha!" I said that, but the copious amount of kiss marks all over my face was a bit more telling of the answer than words really could.  Unless you were reading the story in a light novel or something.