01: Feel Alive

The day goes on like a routine for Dazai.

Waking up, getting dressed (making sure he's charming enough to win all the girls), Odasaku driving him to school via limo, girls chasing him around campus, Kunikida scolding him for always being late, Akutagawa doing Dazai's homework...The usual.

You see, Dazai might seem to have everything. But in the end? All Dazai has is nothing.

No purpose.

No will to live.

He felt empty.

Sure, having girls surround him was nice, but it can get annoying sometimes. Like this Shirase guy having beef with him for allegedly 'stealing his girl'.

Dazai's initial response was: "It's not my problem she prefers me over someone like you." Dazai felt the need to be petty at that moment, alright? And he didn't regret it. Not even one bit. It's not his fault he didn't know a girl named 'Yuan.'

So yeah, he got punched square in the face for that. You get Dazai's point: It's quite lonely, but Dazai will never say it out loud.

Dazai finds 'love' a mysterious force to reckon with. How can it be that you were minding your own business one second ago, but then you lock eyes and suddenly it feels like you both are the only people in the world? At least that's how people describe the feeling of meeting their supposed 'soulmate.

Dazai had never seen the strange phenomenon between his parents. They were either fighting or giving each other the silent treatment. That isn't love, is it? No matter how many girls Dazai sleeps with, they're all the same. No girl can make his heart faster.

Love isn't real, Love is fake. It has no basis in life, other people just got lucky. (This is what Dazai tells himself.)

That's why, Dazai's on a quest to see if what other people testify to this....thing called love....is true.

Dazai just wants to see if there's someone out there who'd love him for who he is.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Your next target is...Dazai Osamu!" Higuchi announced, handing over the file to Chuuya. "Everything should be in here, Chuuya-san. I hope I'm not troubling you with this one...I have a date to catch." She apologized sheepishly.

"It's fine, Higuchi. I have nothing to do, anyways." Chuuya took the file and skimmed through the pages, wincing at Dazai's past relationship experiences...and personality. "This will be a difficult case to look for a soulmate...but I'll try." Higuchi sighed in relief.

"Thank you so much, senpai! I owe you for this one!" She looked at the clock on the wall and let out a high-pitched screech. She bowed formally once more to Chuuya before running off and yelling good luck.

Once the young cupid was gone, Chuuya sighed and looked at the files of his supposed target. He's...handsome, for sure. But a womanizer AND a suicidal bastard too?

Chuuya will just have to grab his bow and arrow and shoot the guy. Easy peasy. No big deal, right?

Right?

.

.

.

Okay, Chuuya takes it back. It's really bad.

1.) Dazai is always surrounded by girls. It'll be hard to shoot him, and Chuuya can't risk match-making different people aside from his target.