01

"ugh, i'm bored as hell" y/n groaned as she rolled from her resting position on her back to her stomach. "hey! the volleyball team have a game in two days, you should come" kiyoko spoke up, paying no mind to her cousin mumbling profanities under her breath. "this is new! you've never invited me to one of their games before.. what's the catch?" she glared at kiyoko who just chuckled.

"there's no catch, it just didn't seem like it would be your thing. anytime i've gone to ask, you've already had plans or doing some promotion, i barely see you anymore" kiyoko puffed her cheeks and lay back on her cousins legs, y/n started kicking them underneath her.

"i-i know! i've been trying to clear a week on my schedule" she placed a finger on her chin, deep in thought. "tell you what, i'll clear my calendar for the next two weeks! if you need any help with your volleyball shit then i can come and try it out, if you're fine with that?" she gave her cousin the best puppy dog eyes she could muster, she knew it was a weakness.

"i'm sure the coach won't mind" kiyoko sighed, she had been defeated by the puppy eyes. "yes!" y/n chuckled as kiyoko shook her head, trying to hide the smile on her face.

"hey, kageyama?" hinata called out as he started to jitter about like a mad man, kageyama rolled his neck and sighed. "yeah?" he responded, hinata had a pretty mischievous smile plastered on his face. "truth or dare?" hinata smirked as yamaguchi nudged him playfully.

they had been playing truth or dare between themselves for the past twenty minutes, kageyama started to get fed up. "this is supposed to be a study session" he gave a snide remark but hinata didn't care, he just continued to pester him until he answered.

"fine, dare!" kageyama snapped, he was literally loosing any will he had left. hinata wiggled his eyebrows at tsukishima who completely ignored him and carried on scrolling through his phone. "i dare you to message your 'celebrity' crush" he giggled, kageyama's eyes grew wide.

"come on, kags! it's not like she'll ever see it" yamaguchi nudged him, egging him on. "you only live once" tsukishima chimed in and followed it with a small shrug. "ugh, i hate you all" he mumbled as he pulled out his phone, he pondered on it for a moment. "when have you ever done anything interesting?" tsukishima popped up again, this ticked kageyama off.

"i know the bean pole isn't talking" he snickered, but he did have a point. kageyama had never had a girlfriend or anything romantic for that matter, he's never had a crush on a girl at school either. yamaguchi and hinata knew of his 'celebrity' crush, if you could call her that. she had just over one million followers, she had brand deals and even started working on her own brand, all at the age of seventeen.

kageyama went onto his following and clicked on her name, he stalked her account for a couple minutes until he mustered enough courage to finally click on the dm icon.

y/n.l/n

he|...

he paused, what was he thinking? he never listened to the team when they played truth or dare, he questioned why he was doing it now. hinata peered over his shoulder as he watched the boy delete the message. hinata looked up at yamaguchi and pointed at kageyama, they had their own plan at hand now.

hinata raised his eyebrows twice at yamaguchi as he pounced into action. "hey, can you help me with this question? i'm really confused" yamaguchi started as he pushed the book into kageyamas face, he sighed and dropped his phone down on the table.

"why the fuck are you asking me? i'm in a lower class then you" kageyama rolled his eyes and placed his phone down on the table. hinata took his chance, he quickly walked past the table and snatched the black haired boys phone. "i'm going to the bathroom!" he announced as he quickly scurried away, looking back to make sure kageyama hadn't noticed.

he shut the door and had a little celebration. he then looked down at the phone and entered the password that yamaguchi had gave him, to his surprise it worked. he fist bumped the air as he started to scroll through his following and finally landed on the girls account.

y/n.l/n

HEY I HAVE A FAT CRUSH ON YOU
PLS BE MY GIRLFRIEND!!!! 🤭🫶🏻🤗❤️
seen just now

hinata's eyes grew wide, she saw the message super quick, it kinda freaked him out. he was now sat on the toilet seat, scrolling endlessly on his own phone, he wanted to leave it for a bit so that kageyama didn't get too suspicious. he finally stood up, stretched his legs and unlocked the door.

"AH!" he squealed, kageyama stood in front of him with his arms crossed over his chest. "give me my phone" he demanded, placing a hand out as he waited for his phone. hinata looked around and shrugged. "i have no idea what you're talking about" he mumbled, trying to hide from his gaze.

kageyama shook his head and managed to grab his phone out of hinata's pocket. he rolled his eyes and walked off, hinata started to sweat, he didn't even get to see the response she gave.

y/n raised an eyebrow as she reread the message, she sighed and stood up. kiyoko looked up at her, she was kinda confused on why she'd stood up so quickly. "hey, there's a guy you follow and he's just messaged me.." y/n trailed off as she stalked over his account for a second, he had about thirteen thousand followers and quite a few posts. she liked a couple of them and then went back to the message she'd received.

"who? was it tanaka or noya? if it's them, just ignore it" kiyoko rolled her eyes, it seemed like their usual antics. "uh, no. his names..kags?" y/n answered but it sounded more like a question, only because his account just had his last name.

kiyoko choked on her dr pepper, she covered her mouth as her eyes practically bulged out of her head. "are you sure?" she tried to string a sentence together after her coughing fit. y/n nodded and passed her phone over, clicking onto the message.

"oh, god" kiyoko threw her head back, she had a feeling this wasn't kageyama. she'll admit that she's never seen him message a girl and admit he had a crush but she also knew him well enough to know that he couldn't have been the one to send the message.

"should i reply? should i send him the suicide hotline number? that shits kinda weird" y/n let out an airy laugh as she lay back onto her bed. "do what you want, i'm not too sure what to say" kiyoko shrugged, she did know what to say, she too knew about kageyama's teeny tiny crush on her.

"this is actually the most straight forward message i've ever had, i'm kinda intrigued" y/n thought on it for a moment, she heart reacted the message and started to type.

kags.tob1

HEY I HAVE A FAT CRUSH ON YOU
PLS BE MY GIRLFRIEND!!!! 🤭🫶🏻🤗❤️

hi?
that's definitely one way to start a
conversation  😃
i appreciate the offer but i think i'll decline
no hard feelings kags 🙁