02

a couple days had passed, that 'kags' dude hadn't replied or even seen the message. y/n didn't pay much mind to it though, she had messages from 'fans' all the time. of course, this one was different and it definitely left an impression but she was too busy to really ponder on the thought for much longer.

"morning!" she waved to her team, they all greeted her as laney handed her an iced coffee. "you didn't have too, i didn't give you any money!" y/n tried to protest but the girl just chuckled at her. "no, i know. you don't need to pay me back, you brought us all one the other day so i'm just returning the favour" she gave a bright smile, y/n blushed a little.

"well, thank you!" she pulled the girl into a side hug as they giggled. "anyway, we have some pretty big meetings this week. you've had a couple pr packages arrive today, one from fenty, rare beauty and drunk elephant" laney listed off all of the new items the girl had received.

"great, i'll get those videos out asap. i'll open the products now, let me know if there's any you'd like to try for yourself" y/n took a seat at her desk where the packages were piled on top of each other. laney faltered for a second, unsure of if she heard the girl correctly. "the 'big boss' said we're not allowed to take things from you, even if you offer them" she gave a small smile as y/n raised an eyebrow.

laney was a little older then her, she was nineteen and had just finished her last year in high school. she was about 5'7, she had a gorgeous face and a flattering body. laney joined the company, since she was a relative of the 'big boss', he's just the boss of the rest of her team. y/n grew rather fond of laney so she asked if she could be upgraded to her assistant, the boss agreed after some encouragement.

"okay? not gonna lie, i really don't care what he says. if there's anything in here that you like the look of then let me know, once i've released the video then they're yours" y/n stated as she started to rip open some of the boxes, they were filled to the brim with so much makeup and skincare, it wasn't like she needed anymore.

"oh, shit! did i tell you about the message i got the other day?" y/n let out a little laugh as she pulled out her phone, sliding the device across the table to where laney sat. she picked up the phone, her eyes grew wide as she read the rather interesting dm.

"that was my reaction, my cousin follows him. she didn't really say much about him, she seems to think that it was one of his friends because that seemed so out of character for him. but.." y/n shrugged as laney passed the phone back.

laney sat back in her chair, she let out a small huff. then, an amazing idea popped into her head. it was time for her to do some snooping, she quickly pulled out her macbook and started to investigate. y/n didn't take much notice as she started taking promo pics for the new products she'd received.

"that's kageyama tobio, he plays for karasuno high school. he went to middle school at kitagawa daiichi and he was oikawa's underclassman. he's a well known setter, a first year, here's his yearbook picture" laney stood up and trotted over to the girl, showing her the screen. "hm, interesting. kiyoko manages for their team" she nodded but continued on with her own work.

"he's kinda cute" laney giggled as she flicked through some of his instagram posts, she sent him a follow. "yeah, he's quite attractive but it's the personality that counts" y/n mumbled, laney chuckled. "imagine having a volleyball boyfriend, i bet he's ripped!" she exclaimed, too caught up in her own mind.

y/n shook her head as she tried to hide the smile on her face. "you seen all the sephora kids going mad for this shit? i've read the ingredients and there's so much useless stuff in them" she thought out loud as she opened one of the items drunk elephant had sent her. she placed it up to her nose, she always liked smelling new products. "ew, smell that!" she shoved the product into laneys face, accidentally getting a little on the tip of her nose.

kageyama sat in the club room, he was so embarrassed. it seemed that the rest of the team had caught wind of his small crush on this influencer and they continued to tease him for it. it wasn't really a big deal, he just felt awkward. he decided to finally get changed and join the rest of the team on the court.

"hey! kiyoko wanted to talk to you" suga called out once he saw the boy appear, he pointed to outside of the gym. kageyama huffed and made his way there, he was confused since kiyoko had never really talked to him before. yeah, they shared a couple 'hello's' and 'byes' but that was about it.

"kageyama" she gave him a small smile as he stopped in front of her, he looked her up and down whilst raising a confused brow. "i'm sorry to take time out of your practice, i just wanted to inform you that y/n showed me the message you sent. if you're worried that she found it creepy or something, then don't. she found it quite funny" kiyoko let out a small giggle as she covered her mouth with one of her hands.

kageyama gulped, his palms had started to sweat.

he was confused as hell.

"sorry?" was all he muttered. "yeah, well me and y/n are related but nobody really knows about it. it's not something we want floating around the school, who knows what type of rumours could come from it" kiyoko explained, she continued to look down at the ground.

"r-related?!" the boy practically screamed out. kiyoko nodded and gave a small 'mhm', kageyama didn't really know what to do in this situation. "okay" he shrugged, what else could he do?

"i asked her if she wanted to be added to one of our group chats, the one that isn't the volleyball chat. she hasn't replied yet, i'll obviously explain everything to her when i see her after school" kiyoko stated, she then turned her head around after hearing a loud thud. "you should probably get back in there" she giggled, the boy nodded and took his leave.

kiyoko quickly pulled out her phone and dialled her cousins number, she picked up within three rings. "what's up, slut bag?" y/n yelled down the line, it was echoing, kiyoko knew she was probably at the office. "wanna be added to a group chat? it's just the volleyball team, i think it would be nice for you to get some more friends" kiyoko spoke softly, she shrugged her shoulders even though the other girl couldn't see her.

"sure, it's not like i have anything better to do. plus, i found a picture of that kags dude and damn.. fine as hell!" she squealed, kiyoko let out a light chuckle. "alrighty, i'll add you once practice is over. i feel bad for him, though. the team have been picking on him for it, he seems rather embarrassed" kiyoko sighed, kicking a couple pebbles.

"logically.. why does he even care what they think? in this generation, everything's fucking embarrassing! it probably wasn't him that messaged me but, you know, he doesn't need to get so worked up about it" y/n explained, she knew how he felt.

she constantly felt embarrassed and awkward until she realised it was pointless, she was getting in the way of what she wanted to be.