Surgery

3rd person POV

Today was the day. Today Johnnie had to get heart surgery. Johnnie was scared no doubt about it, but Jake was even more terrified. He didn't want to loose his best friend, his boyfriend. If this surgery goes wrong, Jake won't be able to live with himself.

Now Jake has woken up from his less than two hour sleep, the nerves of the day ahead keeping him from sleeping. Jake woke up to his sleeping boyfriend next to him with tear stained cheeks. 'Wow' Jake thought 'the nerves must be getting to him too'  he just sat there staring at his boyfriend sleep before beginning to wake up his lover by playing with his hair and leaving small kisses on his cheeks.

"Hmph.." Johnnie groaned starting to slowly wake up. "Hey baby. You gotta wake up we gotta get ready" Jake stated trying not to scare his boyfriend even more, even if he was terrified himself. "I don't wanna" Johnnie said tearing up while looking at his lover. "Hey hey it's ok I am going to be there with you throughout the whole thing alright? Just breathe and focus on my breathing ok?" Jake said wiping a tear that fell from Johnnie's eye. Once they both had calmed down. They both had gotten dressed and got ready to walk out the door, hand in hand. The car ride was silent as they both were deep in their thoughts; thinking of anything that could go wrong. Jake's hand was on Johnnie's thigh as he was focused on the road. Johnnie's hand was on Jake's holding it staring out the window.

Once they had arrived to the hospital they checked in then walked it the waiting room. Jake was allowed in the room as the nurses gave Johnnie anesthesia. The nurses said Jake had to leave the room as they were about to start the surgery. Jake gave Johnnie a hug and a kiss as he left the room and went back to the waiting room.

After what seems about 1-2 days for Jake, it had only been 3-4 hours. Jake hadn't left the hospital once throughout the entire process. "Anyone here for Johnnie Guilbert?" Jake sprung up so fast. "How is he? Is he ok?" Jake asked worriedly. The nurse chuckled a little. "He's fine. He went through the surgery just fine. He's in stable condition. He had a little bit of internal bleeding but it was nothing that we couldn't fix." Jake let out a long breath of relief. "Can I see him?" "Yes but he is asleep right now so be careful" "I will don't worry" once the nurse told him what room ghetto was in he rushed to that room. He opened the door and saw Johnnie's peaceful body just resting there. Relief hit Jake once he saw his lovers chest rise and fall.he sat down on a chair next to the hospital bed and held his best friends hand. He slowly started to kiss it, also rubbing the back of Johnnie's hand with his thumb.

"Hm.. Jake? Johnnie said waking up. "Hey baby. You did it. You're done with it. You don't have to worry about it anymore." Jake said as he kissed his lovers hand over and over again. "I'm tired" Johnnie yawned. "Then go to sleep honey" "but I wanna spend time with you" "I'll still be here when you wake up and we can spend so much time together after you wake up. I promise beautiful." Jake said playing  with Johnnie's hair.

"I love you Jake"

"I love you too baby"

604 words