1

Jard POV:

YIPPEE!!

I ran. I grabbed a cola and gulped it down. It was like my life depended on it. A portal opened. I ran inside, then it closed.

"Hey, Galf." I said. I threw my soda can in the trash. "Are there lots of customers today?"

"Look out the window." Galf sighed. I looked out the window. Quiet. No customers. Just rain hitting the cement. Rain hitting the road. Rain hitting the window.

"Perfect day!!" I took my cap off.

"For what?" Galf shrugged.

"Perfect day to go to get some sleep!!"

I headed into my room.

"Have fun sleeping..." Galf sighed again.

I went on the bed. I went under the blanket. Just then, when I was about to close my eyes and fall asleep, Galf shouted. "JARD!!!!! COME QUICK!!!! A WHOLE BUNCH OF CUSTOMERS JUST CAME IN!!!"

I sighed and headed out. This better not be another prank. I opened the door, and my eyes widened. A WHOLE STREAM OF VISITORS!!

I grabbed my cap and put it on. I then turned it backwards. Galf opened the door. "How much is this golden barrier worth?" asked a kid. "Read the price!!" I pointed to the cost. "Thanks!!" the kid smiled. I smiled back.

I went to the freezer and grabbed a cola. I opened it and took a sip. Delicious, as always. "HEY!!! HE JUST DRANK COLA WITHOUT PAYING!!" cried a customer. Just then the door banged open. The bell hanging above the door broke off. 

The Elypsium soldiers. I remember that I used to work for them once. Now I regret working for them. All the customers ran out of the shop. Galf hid under the counter. I just stood there. "What do you want, Elypsium leader?" I asked harshly. 

"Relax, Jard!! I am just here to ask the cashier a few questions!!" the leader said. He pointed his gun towards the counter. "Come out now." he ordered. Galf came out from the counter, nervous. 

"Where are the files of the secret artifacts?" leader asked.

Galf didn't respond. 

"Well? I am going to fire if you don't reply."

"No..." I mumbled. 

Leader then pointed his gun at me. "Do YOU know where it is?!" he shouted.

"N-No, but-"

"EXACTLY, SO SHUT UP!!"

I said nothing. If I said something, I would get shot.

One of the leader's soldiers came in. "Soldier, shoot Galf." Leader ordered.

The soldier took aim. I panicked. I ran towards the soldier, tackled it down, and grabbed their gun. I panted heavily. I pointed it to their head, pinning their arms on the floor with my knees. Leader just stared at me. "I'll shoot him." I said.

Leader just said nothing again.

I was about to fire. My hands were sweating so much. I fired. There was a loud BAM sound. The soldier died. Blood. Red liquid. It was on my face, the gun and my hands. Leader started to laugh. He then left the shop.

"See you soon...Jard..." he said as he stepped inside the portal. He was gone. The soldier started to fade away. Galf just looked at me, with tears forming in his eyes. 

"...Jard...I am so disappointed in you...y-you're growing up to the person...that...

...i don't want you to be."

-------

hey guys author here!! this is my 1st evade story, i would ship a college student with a minor cause why not? anyways...

violence already!!! 😋