Chapter 14 His Rose 🌹

"Mere saare vaade-vaade rah gaye aadhe ,
Hai qusur kya ,hai qusur kya...
Jeet ke bhi haare-haare khwab ye bechaare,
Ye fitoor kya ye fitoor kya..."

~!!Author's POV !!~
-------------------------

"He doesn't know about our plan, right?" Ranjani asked, playing with her fingers.

Devika, who was seated beside her in the cab, heard her friend's voice and glanced at her.

"No, he doesn't know." Devika said reassuringly, putting her hand on Ranjini's.

"Then why did he call me to meet?" Ranjini's nervousness was at its peak.

She had never felt this hesitant to meet Kapil before, but today something felt off.

"Maybe he wants to gently decline you because it's rude to do it over a call," Devika tried to reassure her and give her strength to face him.

Ranjini nodded.

"Bhaiya, bas yahi rok do," Devika said to the cab driver, and he immediately stopped the cab.

Devika got out of the cab, and Ranjini shifted towards the window, still inside the cab.

"Look jinni , if you want something, you will definitely lose something, so don't overthink and be strong for yourself and your love," Devika said in her gentle voice, and Ranjini nodded.

The cab driver started the engine, and the cab was now out of Devika's sight.

It had been three days since Devika went to meet Nandini Basu. After that, Kapil's parents didn't visit Ranjini's home, which confused her parents because they didn't know about all this.

But today, in the morning, Kapil called Ranjini and asked her to meet him at "Evening Point," a beautiful cafe.

Devika was worried seeing her best friend in turmoil, so she decided to go with her.

While Ranjini met Kapil, Devika planned to stay at a nearby bus stop.

Devika settled herself in the bus stop, which was just a minute away from Evening Point. This place was away from the city, so there wasn't much crowd or chaos.

She took out her phone from her purse and started scrolling through reels, waiting for her best friend.

As the clock struck 6 in the evening, darkness started to set in, and black clouds covered the sky as rain began to fall.

The wind picked up, but Devika was too engrossed in her reels to notice anyone until the rain started falling heavily.

"Oh God, it's raining," she exclaimed, looking at the rain.

From somewhere, a girl came and started dancing in the middle of the road.

Devika looked at her and smiled, closing her eyes in anticipation as memories from the past flooded her mind.

The Flashback began :-

"Bas baithi raho, hilna mat vaha se," her mother said sternly to her daughter.

A 22-year-old Devika pouted in response. What could she do in front of her strict mother?

Devika sat peacefully, watching TV.

"Main toh dudh rakh kar aayi thi ubalne ke liye," her mother said and hurriedly went into the kitchen.

Her mother returned to find Devika nowhere to be seen.