Last Entry

Tears welled up in Leela's eyes as she read the desperation in her sister's words. She wished she could have been there for Amelia, to protect her from the horrors of the world.

October 20, 2017

I sit here, pen in hand, my heart heavy with sorrow, my soul weighed down by the burden of the life I've led, the choices I've made, the battles I've fought and lost. I can feel the darkness closing in around me, enveloping me in its cold embrace, as I prepare to take my final breath, to bid farewell to this world and all its pain and suffering.

I've tried – oh, how I've tried – to escape the demons that haunt me, to outrun the shadows that lurk in the corners of my mind, but they always find a way to catch up to me, to drag me back down into the abyss from which I can never escape. I've fought until I can fight no more, struggled until I can struggle no longer, and now, I'm tired – so very tired – of fighting a battle that can never be won.

I leave behind this diary as a testament to the life I once led, the dreams I once chased, the hope that once burned brightly within me before being extinguished by the cruel hand of fate. To anyone who finds these words, know that I fought – oh, how I fought – until the very end, but now, it's time for me to rest, to find peace in the quiet embrace of death.

I don't know what lies beyond the veil of darkness that shrouds this world, whether there's a heaven waiting to welcome me with open arms or a hell eager to claim my soul for eternity. But it doesn't matter – not anymore. All that matters is that the pain will finally be over, the suffering will finally cease, and I can finally find the peace that has eluded me for so long.

To my dear sister, Leela, I'm sorry – sorry for leaving you behind, sorry for the pain I've caused, sorry for the burden I've placed upon your shoulders. Know that I love you – oh, how I love you – and that even in death, my spirit will always be with you, guiding you, protecting you, watching over you from beyond the grave.

And so, as I prepare to take my final breath, I offer up a prayer – a prayer for forgiveness, for redemption, for salvation. May my soul find peace in the arms of the divine, may my spirit soar on the wings of angels, and may my memory live on in the hearts of those who loved me, those who knew me, those who will never forget the girl who dared to dream of a better life, only to have those dreams shattered by the cruel hand of fate.

Farewell, my dear sister, farewell to this world and all its pain and suffering. May we meet again in a better place, a brighter place, a place where the light shines eternal and the darkness holds no sway. Until then, know that I will always be with you, watching over you, guiding you, loving you, from beyond the grave.

Goodbye, my dear sister, goodbye.

As Leela finished the final entry in Amelia's diary, a sense of trepidation gripped her heart like a vice. Each word felt like a heavy stone, weighing her down with the weight of sorrow and loss. With trembling fingers, she traced the letters on the page, her breath catching in her throat as she absorbed the depth of her sister's despair.

The raw emotion conveyed in Amelia's final words pierced through Leela's defenses, leaving her feeling raw and exposed. Tears blurred her vision as she grappled with the harsh reality of her sister's fate, the realization settling over her like a dark cloud.

Grief washed over Leela in waves, threatening to drown her in a sea of sorrow. The pain of losing her sister, of never being able to see her smile or hear her laughter again, felt like a gaping wound that would never heal. Each word in the diary served as a poignant reminder of the life that had been lost, of the dreams that would never be realized.

Yet amidst the overwhelming sorrow, a flicker of understanding sparked within Leela's heart. She could sense the depth of Amelia's pain, the desperation that had driven her to such drastic measures. In her final moments, Amelia had sought solace in the only way she knew how – by relinquishing the burden of her suffering and embracing the peace of oblivion.