8. The Hidden Swimming Pool

𝙷𝚒, 𝙷𝚘𝚠 𝚊𝚛𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚊𝚕𝚕? 𝙷𝚘𝚙𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚖𝚒𝚜𝚜𝚎𝚍 𝚖𝚎... 𝚈𝚘𝚞 𝚖𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚔 𝚆𝚑𝚢 𝚊𝚖 𝙸 𝚋𝚊𝚌𝚔 𝚝𝚘𝚍𝚊𝚢 𝚊𝚕𝚕 𝚘𝚏 𝚊 𝚜𝚞𝚍𝚍𝚎𝚗. 𝙰𝚌𝚝𝚞𝚊𝚕𝚕𝚢 𝚝𝚘𝚍𝚊𝚢 𝚒𝚜 𝚖𝚢 𝙱𝚒𝚛𝚝𝚑𝚍𝚊𝚢 𝚜𝚘 𝙸 𝚐𝚘𝚝 𝚊 𝚍𝚊𝚢 𝚘𝚏𝚏 𝚏𝚛𝚘𝚖 𝚜𝚝𝚞𝚍𝚒𝚎𝚜, 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝'𝚜 𝚠𝚑𝚢 𝙸 𝚝𝚑𝚘𝚞𝚐𝚑𝚝 𝚝𝚘 𝚞𝚙𝚍𝚊𝚝𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚜𝚝𝚘𝚛𝚢. 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚛𝚎𝚜𝚝 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛𝚜 𝚠𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝚋𝚎 𝚞𝚙𝚍𝚊𝚝𝚎𝚍 𝚊𝚏𝚝𝚎𝚛 5𝚝𝚑 𝙼𝚊𝚢.

𝗟𝗮𝘀𝘁 𝗯𝘂𝘁 𝗻𝗼𝘁 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗹𝗲𝗮𝘀𝘁 𝗱𝗼𝗻'𝘁 𝗳𝗼𝗿𝗴𝗲𝘁 𝘁𝗼 𝘄𝗶𝘀𝗵 𝗺𝗲 𝗛𝗮𝗽𝗽𝘆 𝗕𝗶𝗿𝘁𝗵𝗱𝗮𝘆. 𝗜𝘁'𝘀 𝗺𝘆 18𝘁𝗵 𝗯𝗶𝗿𝘁𝗵𝗱𝗮𝘆 𝘁𝗼𝗱𝗮𝘆. 𝗦𝗼 𝗶𝘁'𝘀 𝗾𝘂𝗶𝘁𝗲 𝘀𝗽𝗲𝗰𝗶𝗮𝗹. 𝗬𝗼𝘂 𝗺𝗮𝘆 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗻𝗸 𝘄𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗸𝗶𝗻𝗱 𝗼𝗳 𝗽𝗲𝗿𝘀𝗼𝗻 𝗜 𝗮𝗺 𝗮𝘀𝗸𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗯𝗶𝗿𝘁𝗵𝗱𝗮𝘆 𝘄𝗶𝘀𝗵. 𝗔𝗰𝘁𝘂𝗮𝗹𝗹𝘆 𝗜 𝗮𝗺 𝗮 𝗹𝗼𝗻𝗲𝗹𝘆 𝗽𝗲𝗿𝘀𝗼𝗻 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝗻𝗼𝘁 𝗺𝘂𝗰𝗵 𝗳𝗿𝗶𝗲𝗻𝗱𝘀 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁'𝘀 𝘄𝗵𝘆.
𝗢𝗸 𝗕𝘆𝗲❤︎❤︎❤︎
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
"𝚂𝚘𝚗𝚐: 𝙸 𝚠𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝚐𝚘 𝚝𝚘 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚕𝚒𝚔𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚏𝚒𝚛𝚜𝚝 𝚜𝚗𝚘𝚠 𝚋𝚢 𝙰𝙸𝙻𝙴𝙴"

"Before I held you, I didn't know
That the world I was in
Was this bright
I reached you with a small breath of life
It's a love that called out to me fearlessly

I liked it so much
Watching over you, my heart fluttering
Even when I was ridiculously jealous
All of those ordinary moments
In the dark eternity
In that long wait
Like sunshine, you fell down to me"
༄༄༄༄

Xiao Zhan's POV,

"Here are your medicines and here is the prescription. Check them," I said to Mr. Wang, handing him the packet of medicines.

He furrowed his brows, questioning, "They will all be okay, I know that. Why do I need to check them?"

"I could bring you poison even to kill you, so you shouldn't believe a stranger, right?" I retorted.

"First of all, you aren't a stranger; you're my married husband. Secondly, if you wanted me to die, you wouldn't have donated me your blood to save me," he replied matter-of-factly.

I was taken aback by his response, unsure of what to say next. Turning to leave him to rest, he suddenly grabbed my hand, pulling me back. His touch felt unusual, sending a shiver down my spine. "If you aren't busy, can you sit here with me for a moment? I'm feeling lonely and bored," he said softly.

I couldn't refuse his request, so I pulled a chair and sat in front of him, fidgeting with my fingers nervously. "Say what you wanna say," I replied, avoiding his gaze.

"Where did you get my phone number?" he asked, his curiosity piqued.

"I went to your workspace beside your bedroom and found your business card. Your number was written there," I explained.

"6872181XXX. This is my personal number. Save it in your phone," he instructed, repeating the digits for me.

I complied, saving his number in my phone with a sense of reluctance. "Done," I said, mustering a small smile.