[𝐅𝐚𝐯𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐞?]

𝕋𝕚𝕥𝕝𝕖 - 𝕋𝕙𝕖 𝕊𝕙𝕠𝕨𝕤 𝕆𝕗 𝕂𝕚𝕟𝕤𝕙𝕚𝕡

✯✯✯

In the heart of Seoul, where the neon lights dance with the rhythm of the city's pulse, there exists a realm hidden from the eyes of the ordinary. It's a world ruled by power, where alliances are forged in blood and betrayal lurks in every shadow. At the center of this underworld stands Taeyung, a formidable figure known as the Shadow King, revered and feared in equal measure.

Great King AKA KimTaeyung's empire extended beyond the alleys and into the hearts of those who dared to cross him. Yet, amidst the chaos of his reign, he held a secret, one that even the most ruthless of his adversaries were unaware of – his two sons, Kook and Gguk.

Kook, the elder of the two, possessed his father's cunning intellect and unyielding resolve. From a young age, he was groomed to inherit the throne, his every move calculated to ensure his ascendancy. Taeyung saw in Kook the reflection of his own ambition, and he poured his attention and affection upon him, nurturing his son's thirst for power.

On the other hand, Gguk, the younger son, was cast into the shadows of his brother's brilliance. Though he shared his father's blood, Gguk was different, his spirit gentle and his heart yearning for the warmth of paternal love. Yet, Taeyung's gaze rarely lingered upon him, his attention consumed by the promise of Kook's potential.

As the years passed, Gguk's longing for his father's affection grew, a silent ache that gnawed at his soul. He watched from the sidelines as Kook basked in Taeyung's favor, their bond forged in the crucible of their shared ambition. But for Gguk, there was only emptiness, a void that no amount of power could fill.

Despite his father's neglect, Gguk strived to prove himself worthy of Taeyung's love. He trained tirelessly in the arts of combat, honing his skills in the hopes of earning his father's approval. Yet, no matter how hard he fought, Gguk remained invisible in Taeyung's eyes, a mere afterthought in the grand tapestry of his father's ambitions.

But fate, it seemed, had other plans for Gguk. One fateful night, a rival faction made a bold move against Taeyung's empire, seeking to dethrone the Shadow King and claim his domain as their own. In the ensuing chaos, Gguk found himself thrust into the forefront of the battle, his skills put to the ultimate test as he fought to defend his family's legacy.

As the clash of steel echoed through the night, Gguk's determination burned bright, fueled by a newfound sense of purpose. For the first time in his life, he felt alive, his every movement guided by the instinct to protect those he held dear. And amidst the chaos of the battlefield, Gguk caught a glimpse of his father's gaze, a flicker of pride shining in Taeyung's eyes.

In that moment, Gguk realized that he didn't need his father's validation to be worthy. He was a warrior in his own right, forged in the crucible of adversity, and no amount of neglect could diminish his worth. With newfound resolve, Gguk fought with renewed vigor, his spirit unbreakable in the face of adversity.

As the dust settled and the battle was won, Taeyung approached his sons, his gaze lingering upon Gguk with newfound respect. "You fought well, Gguk," Taeyung said, his voice carrying a hint of admiration that Gguk had longed to hear.

Gguk met his father's gaze, his heart swelling with a mix of pride and relief. "Thank you, Father," he replied, his voice steady despite the emotions swirling within him.

Kook stood beside them, a smirk playing upon his lips. "Impressive, little brother," he said, his tone laced with thinly veiled condescension. "But let's not forget who the true heir to the throne is."

Gguk's chest tightened at his brother's words, the sting of rejection cutting deep. He had hoped that their victory would bring them closer together, but it seemed that Kook's ambition knew no bounds.