Chase (Partybeetle)

The smell of the elevator was familiar along with the annoying chattering of the players. Throwing tomatoes at each other and gifting roses to the little curious white and rainbow robot at the corner.

that's what the black beetle thought. As another person sprayed him, he violently shoved them away, using his lower set of arms to snag a couple of coins, smirking at his deserved "reward"

"dats not nice!!"

Of course Poob had to intervene.

"They were annoying me. だからそれはあなたには関係ない."

Poob gave him the glare, causing pest to tense a little.

"I mean- I'm impulsive?"

Poob shook their head "NUH uh this iz NOT acceptable!!"

"Ugh. Let me guess "oH! StEaLiNg iS wRoNg!""

"NUH! If they annoy u u simply snap der neck!" Poob exclaimed rather non chalantly as the player next to them, who was preparing to spray poon as a prank, smiled nervously and deported on their rather foolish idea as pest just stared wide eyed in disbelief.

"あなたが非常識です..."

"I luv u 2!!"

Poob smiled warmly at the rather uncomfortable pest before the elevator dinged and it's metal doors screeched open to a rather unfamiliar floor.

A hospital. Seemingly ravaged and recently abandoned..

Pest decided it was good enough to abandon the residents of the elevator, who were all staring in hesitation at the halls. Seemingly afraid of something, one of the players tried to signal pest not to go as it was a suicide mission. But of course, pest ignored them and walked away.

"!! Pezt wait up!!" Poob called out and ran after him, causing a lot of the players to chitter a little

"Huh? What's that-?" Prototype was about to become  third victim before a player grabbed their hand and shook their head at him. The delay was enough for the elevators to close back up, easing the tension by a bit. But deepening the confusion prototype had.

"Dis place is creepy!! EEP" Poob squeezed at the sight of a cockroach run amok through the dry substances on the floor, was it blood? Feces? Perhaps some secret third thing? They'd never and rather not know..

Meanwhile pest was walking rather vastly, he didn't want to deal with Poob. He still found them annoying but after the..'thing' that happened back at the party he felt like he didn't have any saying in anything. He felt hopeless and he hated it. But hey, at least he's more than just 'friends' with Poob. That's something his inner subconscious was actually craving for the longest time.

He felt Poob catch up, smiling at him a little

"Sooo....now dat no one iz here...wanna make out-?"

Pest almost yelled as he jolted "HAH.WHAT!?!?"

"!! What? I thought u liked me :["

"I do- I just..イエス. You do not ask to make out like that-!"

"Awwwn cmon I waz juzt kidding!!"

"Well then haha. It wasn't funny."

"..zo iz dat a yez or no?"

Pest felt his face go hot. He stammered just a little as his pincers chittered in nervousness as he looked away to hide the mess he was right now.

"Wellch uh I chch I'm uh...gulp..."

Poob smirked slyly and wriggled their eyebrows, causing pest's condition to worsen. 

"NO.... 実はそうです."

Poob just giggled as pest just tried to distance himself from them. Only to feel them hold onto his hand, and then cup his face to face the other

"Ok but for real I waz jokin" they leaned in and kissed pest slightly on the nose, causing his pincers to go haywire.

"私には、あなたが必要です."

"Huh?"

"Nothing. オカマ." 

And with that. Pest pulled Poob, moving his pincers away to get a clear kiss from them, and Poob, being pleasantly surprised, decided to give in, the both of them savoring this sweet moment...

CLANG!

The two intimate "lovers" immediately jolted and broke the kiss, looking at the direction where the sound came from. But there wasn't anything...

Only darkness..

Poob had an uneasy feeling as they tugged pests sleeve "I think we shuld go.."

"Huh? But there's nothing- see-"

Pest pointed at the direction of the darkness as a growl echoed from it, causing pest to flinch.

"なんてことだ-"

Two glowing purple eyes reveled themselves within the darkness as the light growl transitioned into a heavy snarl, the silhouette of the thing slowly came into formation as it stepped out within the confines of the black abyss. It as Big. Really big. and furry, with claws scrapping its edge, that was the final 'NOPE' to send Poob screaming, throwing his party horn at the large mysterious being and booking it, with pest getting dragged into the chase.

The two ran, with Poob being the more freaked out one, flailing their arms and screaming, pest was just focusing on getting as fast as he can, they can both hear the thing chasing them, barking and making aggressive and angry noises as it rabidly chases on their tails. Poob then tripped and fell onto the floor, prompting pest to immediately stop before getting hesitant on whether he should leave Poob and save himself or risk dying with them to save them somehow.

Unfortunately, time had its limits as the beast suddenly pounced on Poob and almost scratched their shoulders away, waterfalls of blood and and screams came out of Poob as they tried to squirm away, pest immediately felt a jolt in his body and he immediately ran, kicking whatever the thing was at the face, causing it to jolt back and roar, letting go of Poob for the meantime, the perfect time frame for pest to aggressively drag Poob out of the way and run, not caring for the whines and gags of pain Poob emitted in the meantime.

And finally they saw it. The light of the elevator, pest threw Poob in it before jumping in himself, Scurrying to the panel as they insert a coin and almost broke the button smashing to any random floor. The thing roared as it was just inches away from entering the elevator, it was raging.

Then the doors shut, the thing collided with the metal compartments, making a large bang and a dent, Poob cried out as the elevator shook a bit before moving up (or down?) leaving the cursed floor behind. Pest huffed out, wiping the sweat off of his forehead as he crawled towards Poob, clinging onto them. He was thankful the elevator was empty otherwise he would killer himself over the sight of him slightly crying, he saw Poob cry out too. And soon they both just cried in each others arms, with Poob expressing how their injuries hurt. And pest apologizing for not saving him earlier.

Soon after the two calmed down, Pest felt Poob brush his hand between his hair as pest just wrapped all three of his arms around Poob protectively, applying pressure to their wound, using his upper right hand to dial a number to call dr.retro.

But she didn't pick up.

Strange. She always picks up immediately.

He canceled the call and saw he had a notification for a test message by...bive?

Strange. He almost forgot that his phone number was given to bive by poob. He opened it.

'Infected apartment. 9:30 PM.'

'I have something important to show you all.