Chapter 1.

It was a day like any other. I got up in the morning, went to school, came home, called my best friend Sun Jong or studied. Then I thought of all sorts of scenarios that many of them didn't even happen but I longed for. But that night changed my life. Actually, my name is Kim Seung. My parents chose it for me because it means victory. Since I was a little girl, I was raised to be perfect. That's why when I got bad grades in school as a kid, I got punished. That's why today I only have one most loyal friend, Sun Jong. We come from a wealthy family so I had a nanny when I was little. We lived in America so when we moved back to Korea my parents kicked her out. I cried a lot but now we keep in touch. Today was the first day of senior year in high school. He was completely normal just like everyone else but tomorrow a new student is supposed to come to school. So I'm curious.

2. September 2023

I woke up and like every morning I did the same thing. I got in the car and we stopped for more Sun Jong. We walked into the classroom and a few minutes later the bell rang. The teacher walked in and a boy walked in behind her. He didn't look very embarrassed rather he looked quite calm. "Good morning students let me introduce you to a new student." She said, letting him have the floor. "Hello my name is Park Yeon." He said and everyone started clapping. I didn't understand until Jong told me that he was from a rich family who owned quite a few popular companies. That's when I realized why everyone was so excited about him. The teacher sent him to sit in the third row next to me. We have single-seat desks at school so no one sits with anyone. Unfortunately Jong sits in the first row of the second desk and I sit in the second row of the third desk so we can't talk. But I couldn't even afford it because I have to be very careful at school because it wouldn't go well at home. He integrated quickly and I didn't care about him anymore. After school we went to lunch but I didn't expect this. My classmates joined tables at lunch so we could all sit together and have lunch. "We're about to have our last year so let's enjoy it!" said one of my classmates. I'm not saying I hadn't talked to them before but we weren't that close. And so the first of my dreams began to come true: To find a group of friends and have unforgettable memories...

That day, we went home with Jong. We stopped by my place. First we learned not to get in trouble and then we watched Netflix. Watching movies is like my heaven. I turn my head off and escape from reality. I have to watch them in secret because if my mom found out she'd ban me completely. Sure, for studying. Jong went home and I just waited for my parents to come home and prayed that they wouldn't be angry. "KIM SEUNG!" Mom yelled. I just took a deep breath and slowly walked downstairs. "Yes mom" I said politely with a soft voice. "I told you not to bring your friends here without my permission!" "Mom it's Jong. "I said, hoping he would stop. "I don't care who it is without my permission no one will set foot in here and that's it! And it's dinner time get ready and come eat. The whole family will be there." To explain, we have to have dinner together every night. Me, Brother, Mother and Father. Tonight the whole family will be there. Grandpa who makes sure to follow all the rules of our family, Grandma who still stands her ground, Auntie who is a Feminist (a feminist-man who prefers a woman in everything and stands up for not needing a man) and then my favorite Auntie and her husband who are probably the most normal of the family. I walked in and sat down. We also have to be dressed nicely when the whole family is there because like I said my parents have to be perfect and I do too because I'm part of the family. My father-in-law was kicked out of this family because he didn't meet the conditions my grandfather would have wanted. In a word he was not good enough for him. He was my father's only brother. At the dinner, I got a million pieces of advice on how to be an independent woman, that I should learn more, and that maybe one day I would inherit the company if my brother Kim Seojun didn't overtake me. He was 2 years younger but they still wanted me to inherit the company first so he could take it over and then I could become a doctor and own the hospital. Truthfully, I would love to be a doctor but I don't want to have that much responsibility. But they're behind it so I don't have a choice. I have to do what they tell me because they have too much power over me. But maybe one day I'll be able to get out of there. Those were my thoughts plus an explanation for you that ran through my head while we were at the table. When we finished eating I had to go to my room to sleep. I don't even see my parents much except at dinner or when they want to yell at me or beat me up for something. Granted I'm going to be 18 but that doesn't make me feel much better about not being beaten up. When I lay down I started to escape into my thoughts again. And eventually I fell asleep.

My dreams:

- Having a group of friends and getting memories.

- ?

- ?

- ?

- ?