some batshit crazy shit goes down

sasha:

No matter how many times I went through my bag, I never felt fully prepared.

 I had packed two camp t-shirts and a pair of nike pro shorts and leggings since I was not ruining my nice clothes on this quest. Of course I brought 4 changes of underwear (you can never be too careful) and a spare sports bra. Then I also packed my ipod and headphones, hygiene products, my mum's diary, and a pencil. I changed my grey joggers for a pair of jeans but kept lee's pink floyd shirt. I pulled an oversized camp hoodie over my head for some extra warmth. 

Being completely honest, I had a serious weakness for jewellery which was unashamedly fed by the Stolls (and their thievery). I know that was bad but it was also kinda sweet of them. I didn't like to wear too much on my wrists since it got in the way of my bow and daggers (rings were definitely off limits), so I only added a gold bangle to my right wrist with my camp beads. I did, however, layer a few gold necklaces (and a pearl one for Silena) and adorn my ears with earrings in all my piercings - firsts and seconds in both lobes, with two helixes and a tragus in my left ear and an orbital conch and rook in my right. 

I was the first one at the designated rendezvous point at the foot of Half-Blood Hill - with children of Apollo naturally being early risers and all - and had even managed to stop by the pavilion to steal a magic goblet, so when my three questmates showed up groaning and yawning, there was hot coffee waiting. We passed the cup around as we waited for Chiron to come and send us off. 

At one point, whilst Percy was taking a long sip, Grover got impatient and snatched the goblet right out of Percy's mouth. The two boys were pulling the goblet back and forth, eyes half-closed and grumbled insulting, while Annabeth and I were cracking up at the sight. After all the coffee had ended up splashed onto the grass, I decided it was time to interfere. 

"Alright, alright. Calm down," I chuckled as I gently pulled the goblet out of the boys' grips.

"ughhhhh, coffeeee," grover groaned.

The goblet refilled and I was about to hand it to him but Percy was quicker. He slumped forward onto my shoulder, sticking his entire face into the goblet. I tried to fight the blush creeping up on me.

"Percyyyy," grover whined, but the black-haired boy ignored him (or didn't even register him).

My shoulder vibrated with a tickly sensation as Percy slurped up the coffee. I noticed Annabeth raise her eyebrows at us in the corner of my vision. I had to find away to get rid of this blush. He has to move

I pushed Percy up and off me by his shoulders, gripping them tighter as he wobbled slightly from tiredness. His hair was mussed from sleep, his sea-green eyes drooped but still just as bright. I giggled as I noticed his coffee mustache. I instantly covered it up with a cough and rolled my eyes, but I could tell my blush remained. Fucking hell

Percy looked like he was about to say something but was interrupted by Grover aggressively snatching the goblet out of his hands.

"Coffee-hogger!" the satyr said angrily. 

The three of us laughed as his weak insult. I looked over at Annabeth and she met my gaze. She also looked like she had something to say, when Chiron finally cantered up the hill with Argus by his side. Oh, thank gods.

He handed Percy one hundred dollars in mortal money and twenty golden drachmas. Annabeth and I shared a glance, questioning whether Percy holding the money was really the best idea, but we kept quiet.