Chapter-1, Chelsea Gilbert

I love it

I love it.

The screams of people as I walk the runway and the chantings of my name. The camera lights flashing on my face would usually intimidate other people but to me they just boost my confidence. I felt more and more confidence fill me knowing that each and every camera and eye in the room was fixed on me and my every single move.

As I walked out the venue with security surrounding me and new flashes of camera on my face. I settled into my car with a smile on my face, knowing that all the articles on each and every blog channel would show my face plastered on them. I can already imagine the headline "Supermodel Chelsea Gilbert closes another successful fashion show".

As I was being driven down the streets towards my apartment complex I couldn't help but look out the streets towards all the couples holding hands with one another.

I recently turned 24 and at such a young age where people are struggling in their lives, I already have a skyrocketing career with everyone in the industry knowing my name. Despite that, I am still a 24 year old who has never been in a relationship that is not a PR stunt and has never kissed a guy without camera's present.

Maybe, it is for the better. Can you imagine how a relationship with me would be like, the guy would probably catch some sort of inferiority complex. I slightly snorted at my thoughts.

I was broken out of my dreamland with my phone ringing. The caller Id showed my dad's name. My dad, Andrew Black, is a leading public figure and businessman with millions under his name.

He isn't my biological dad, my deceased mum married him when I was six. At first I was hesitant to even be in the same room as him knowing how step parents treated their children but once I got to know him we bonded wonderfully. Sometimes, I wonder who my biological father is but I truly can't be bothered to care, to me my only father, biological or not, is Andrew Nathaniel Black. When my mother died and I was going to be placed in the care of her abusive parents, he stepped up to take care of me. Eventually, he adopted me and legally made me his daughter but I decided to keep my mother's last name just so I always have her with me whether it be in my heart or in my last name.

I finally picked up the call after it started ringing for the third time.

'Yes dad?'

'Pearl sweetheart, you know I am getting old and I-'

I interrupted him knowing exactly where he was taking this conversation.

'Dad, you know I am not interested in marriage or any sort of commitment right now.'

He sighed knowing that he had already lost despite the conversation just starting. This was a regular routine. Once in a while he would call me and start talking about how old he is and how much he wanted to see me married. Which, if you ask me, is ridiculous. I mean I have my whole life ahead of me. I wasn't going to ruin my career when it was at its peak by tying myself down to a man and children.

Even the thought of getting married any time soon made me want to barf. I cut the call a couple minutes later with a promise of seeing him for lunch tomorrow and a quick 'love you'.

The car stopped in front of my apartment complex and I made my way inside, towards the elevator, with my focus being on my phone. I accidentally bumped into a guy I couldn't be bothered to look at and muttered a low 'sorry'.

Just as I pressed the floor no 16, a hand was wrapped around my waist and whoever that hand belonged to pinned me against the elevator wall. I raised my head to meet blue eyes staring at me with an emotion I couldn't place.

I was about to open my mouth to give the dark haired guy standing in front of me a piece of my mind. Though, before I could do that the rather, dare I say, handsome guy lowered himself and placed his lips on mine.

************************************

795 words

Hey!!!

My name is Isa and if you like reading dark romance, mafia romance, fantasy, mystery, thriller and more you might want to go and check out my page. Give me suggestions of what you might want to read, vote for the chapters you like, comment your thoughts and give me a follow to keep up with my future work and show your support.

Love, Isa