Chapter-2, Thorane Nightwood

I changed back to my wolf form and quickly threw on some clothes

I changed back to my wolf form and quickly threw on some clothes. Making my way towards my office I saw my delta's mate running around the pack house after her son, the sight made my heart ache. I let a growl escape me when I saw my beta and his mate making out in my office. Hearing me, they quickly ran out before clothes could be torn off of each other.

I poured myself some scotch and looked out the window. Seeing so many couples made my wolf long for my mate. I was the alpha of the most powerful pack in the world. I had everything a man could wish for, supportive family, wealth, loyal people but one thing that every ordinary man had and what I would give up all my wealth for would be my mate.

I was about to turn 32 yet, I was still mateless. The elders were already questioning my leadership, I couldn't be an alpha without a luna. Though Chimera, my beta's mate and my cousin, was filling the role of a luna. She was still not the real Luna of the pack.

It also didn't help that my mother was setting me up with so many women whom I didn't even want to look at. But, if I don't find my mate I will eventually have to mate with some other she-wolf or else I will have to forfeit my position as the Alpha.

I was broken out of my thoughts with the door to my office swinging open. There stood my mother and the former luna of the Nightwood pack. I sighed already knowing the conversation that was going to happen.

'I sent you the address of Emma, you should go pick her up and take her out on a nice dinner date and talk about your future.' She said, well more like demanded.

'Mum, I know you mean well but-' I was silenced with her raising her hand.

'Not a word Thorane. I won't just sit back and see you destroy our family's position over a girl who is probably dead.'

Knowing I couldn't win against my female counterpart I picked up my blazer jacket and made my way towards the address I was given to go and threaten another girl to stay 20 feet away from me.'

As I was driving towards the apartment building I couldn't help but wonder, was my mate really dead? I had travelled to every country in the world since I was eighteen. I had to have come across her scent somewhere, which left me with two alternatives: either she was dead or she was cloaking her scent from me.

Walking towards where the elevators are I caught a sniff of a beautiful and mouth watering scent. Lavenders, coconut and vanilla with a hint of something spicy. An odd yet wonderful combination.

I turned to look around where my mate was, happiness filling me knowing that she was alive and actually existed. Then suddenly that scent vanished and a girl bumped her shoulder into mine. I couldn't be bothered to see who she was but as she whispered a melodious 'Sorry' the scent rushed to me again. Turning to look at the girl, I saw the back of a rather tall girl with brown hair.

'Mate' My wolf, Kaden, growled.

Now, if it was any other wolf they would have approached the girl and talked to her, got to know her and then done something else. But, being the stubborn and rather dumb alpha that I am, I went to the girl just as she pressed the button of the elevator leading to her floor.

I wrapped my hands around her waist and turned her around, in doing so I unknowingly pinned her to the elevator wall.

Inspecting every inch of my mate's face, I lost my self control then and there when she looked up at me with her eyes. Her grey eyes. Piercing right into my soul, I couldn't help it and knowing that she could feel the mate pull between us both I placed my lips right on hers. Her lips were as soft as they looked and I could slightly taste a hint of coconut, whether it was something she applied or something she ate that I did not know but what I did indeed knew was that I loved the girl standing in front of me.

But, what happened next shocked me. Instead of being happy that she found her mate and kissing me back, she did something completely unexpected.

To be continued

*********************************************

836 words

Hey!!!

My name is Isa and if you like reading dark romance, mafia romance, fantasy, mystery, thriller and more you might want to go and check out my page. Give me suggestions of what you might want to read, vote for the chapters you like, comment your thoughts and give me a follow to keep up with my future work and show your support.

Love, Isa