Chapter 1: The NightWing Outcast

Hello everyone! SummerTheFastfin is me and SummerTheFastfin is now posting the first bit of this story! This is just the first chapter, told from Nightowl's perspective. Anyways, with all that out of the way, I hope you enjoy reading this first chapter. Now, without further ado, let's take flight.

I kept my distance from the other IceWing, and NightWing dragonets. I am the outcast of my tribe, why you may ask? Well... it's a very simple answer. I'm a hybrid. A NightWin-IceWing hybrid, one of the IceWings from the higher circles married a young NightWing without Queen Snowstorm's consent. The IceWing, Frostbite, was my mother. And the NightWing, Shadowtail, was my father. And so as a result of this, I am considered a disappointment and a disgrace to my tribe. My name is Nightowl, and my two only goals are to make at least one or two friends and to climb to the highest ranking in the circles. At least if I mange to achieve that, then maybe I would be accepted into the tribe.

"Hey, Nightowl. What are you doing? Hiding and running away? Just as usual. You know what half-breed? Your a freak and you'll never be one of us!" I looked up at the two NightWing bullies with an icey glare.

"Shut up and leave me alone! Go pick on someone your own size. I won't keep listening to you put me down. Do you understand what I'm telling you, Midnight and Nightslash?" I snarled. The two older dragons nodded and scurried off in a different direction. I sighed and took a deep breath. I'm not one to shout and defend myself, but I've been treated like this for years, I then went and sat on a nearby rock. I had a low self of steam and I had little confidence in myself, so I built a mask of confidence and fierceness. I did it to protect myself, and so that I wouldn't crack under the years of being bullied and tormented.

I sighed again and looked up at the position of the sun. I gave another sigh and after a few more moments of silence, I reluctantly got up from the rock and slowly made my way back to the IceWing palace.

I push my wings off the ground as hard as I can to get them moving, and soar through the open sky. The sun had set, emitting a dim golden glow across the flooded plains. The crescent moon glinted on the other side of the horizon.

I'm a NightWing-IceWing Hybrid but I live in the IceWing Kingdom with the other IceWings. The two NightWing bullies I saw earlier are only hear because they got banished from the rainforest.

The only good thing about living in the IceWing palace is that Queen Snowstorm cares for me as if I were her own daughter. I flew into my room threw my window and right when my talons landed on the carpeted floor, I heard a knock on my door. I slowly made my way to the door and swung it open. I smiled brightly at the sight of my little sister, Moonstrike.

"Hey Firefly, I've been wondering... could I hang out with you tomorrow?" I nodded and grinned in amusement at my nickname. Firefly was what my adopted mother and my sisters call me. As I said earlier, Queen Snowstorm loves me like a daughter and because of this she decided to adopted me. And now I'm a member of the royal family. "Well... I don't have anything planned for tomorrow, so why not! What is it that you want to do?" I asked, tilting my head to the side. The younger NightWing's face lit up and after a moment of silence, she spoke up. "How about we have a snowball fight and just go explore the palace. The place is soooo big! We haven't explored it all yet!" We were interrupted by one of the NightWing guards knocking on the door. "Princess Moonstrike, Princess Nightowl, sorry to interrupt, but supper is ready, please come to the main dinning area." I nodded and bowed my head In thanks.