〖#3〗"Specifics"

The divination commission seems very different from usual

The divination commission seems very different from usual. Everything seems...so depressing. No one is smiling, everyone is in a hurry, and no one has time to play Celestial Jade.

Qingque sat down, took out a sandwich from her bag, and began eating it. She was very tired from all the work she had done recently... Her salary got worse, and there was a lot more work. If everything were normal, she would complain a lot, but... The whole of Xianzhou is in crisis, not only the Luofu; she has to get together somehow and survive these times like everyone else... Though... She would really love to play Celestial Jade with anyone to relax...

As the young woman ate her lunch, someone approached her.

- "Morning, miss. Qingque. It's rare to see you not slacking off like usual."
Said Fu Xuan - Qingque's boss.

- "Diviner Fu... Morning."
She replied with a depressing tone as she continued eating her sandwich like a hamster.

The pink-haired girl sighed as she sat down next to Qingque with a concerned expression.

- "Qingque, may I ask you a question?"
The girl looked up at her boss and stopped eating her sandwich for a while.

- "What is it?"
She asked. That unusual conversation with her boss that made them look like friends was not something to be expected.

- "What do you think about this whole "General's retainer situation"? I hear many people being extremely afraid of him."
The Diviner asked.

-"I'm... Not sure, to be honest."
Qingque answered.

-"Ah, don't act strong; I can see how you have behaved recently."
She exclaimed.

The questioned girl sighed as she started collecting her thoughts for a bit.

- "To be honest... I am indeed scared. He has the power to destroy the whole Xianzhou with his one finger. He could kill anyone if he wanted to... But... I remember him being a nice little dude wanting to meet the expectations of his teacher... I don't think he would do that..."
She replied after a bit of thinking.

- "You weren't there during that battle, right? You didn't see him destroying that monster and our friends with a single strike, right?"
Fu Xuan pointed out.

- "That's right... I wasn't there... That's why I just can't understand it... I can't imagine that little child doing something so horrible without hesitation..."
Qingque looked down as she replied.

The pink-haired woman sighed.

- "Would you feel more at ease if he was gone?"
She asked.

The light brown-haired girl wasn't sure how to respond. Would she? Probably. But she wanted everything to be like it used to be before all of this happened.

- "I just want to play Celestial Jade with someone..."
She exclaimed.

- "I see... Thank you... Please, take care of yourself, Qingque."
Fu Xuan answered as she stood up and left, leaving her worker alone with her half-eaten sandwich.

"Would I feel safer...?"
Qingque thought to herself. She honestly had no idea. In her memories, Yanqing was a short teenager with a bright smile whenever he got a new sword, talented and ambitious. So, she is unable to imagine him as a monster who could destroy the whole Xianzhou....