Punishment

Chaitanya's POV-

I can't understand what happened to me. I was furious at what that Arjun did to Diya.It took me sometime to digest whatever she said.But,I was lost in her innocence,so much,that I kissed her. On realising my mistake, I left,but, I know it was wrong of me to take advantage of her vulnerable state.That sorry was not enough.She must be so panicked right now.
I hope she is fine..Ugh! What have I done???
I need to talk about it at the dinner.

Diya's POV-

There I was explaining myself to him,and suddenly----He kissed me??!!
I tried to resist but......but I couldn't,I just felt I would fall,my knees felt wobbly and I held his collar for support.My stomach was full of butterflies.The kiss was full of fire and I melted in that heat.

But he said SORRY. 

I could feel the world around me shaking.
How wonderful! Having the first kiss, with your own will, then,you are apologised to, by your so-called husband who doesn't even like you.

Why did you do that Chaitanya?
I held back my tears and went downstairs to set the dining table.
"Diya,is everything okay?", asked Ms. Lakshmi.
"Yes Ms. Lakshmi,everything is great,as usual",I replied,in a jolly way.She smiled and helped me with the chores.

I heard footsteps walking down the stairs.My heart raced.And then,he looked at me and I acted as if I was very busy with the work and ignored him.He sat on the dining table and I reached near him,to serve food.He held my hand and said,"I can serve myself. You sit down."Listening to this,I felt flustered,he never said this to me before.
I simply nodded and sat just opposite to him and pulled out a plate for myself. As soon as I was about to have the first bite,he said,"I am sorry,I shouldn't have done that without your permission. I really apologise for my behaviour"
The spoon fell from my hand.I coughed hard.
Chaitanya passed me a glass of water.
"It's okay",I replied to which he smiled faintly.
After having dinner,we went into our respective rooms.

Chaitanya's POV-
I woke up at my usual time and went to have breakfast. There she was, working in the kitchen,looking as vibrant as ever.
Who can imagine that there is so much pain under this pretty face? I wish I could snatch all the problems of her life away from her

What the fudge ? What is wrong with me?

I smiled at Diya when she served the breakfast.She still had a scar on her arm.I clenched my jaw.

I knew what I had to do today!

----------------------------------

Author's POV-
"Hi Chaitanya...You here in Pune? Long time no se.....",Arjun was stopped by Chaitanya who held his collar and punched him in the face.
"What are you doing?",he asked,frightened.
"How dare you touch her!!You bastard!!I will bloody kill you!",Chaitanya roared,his eyes red in anger.
"Diya is a freaking liar,how could you believe that sl-".

A punch landed on Arjuna's face and he fell down.The employees of Arjuna's office started gathering but they did not dare to say anything as they knew that Chaitanya was a powerful man. Opposing him would be their death.

"Dare you take her name with your dirty mouth,you---Take him."
Chaitanya yelled and walked away, signalling the policemen standing there.

-------------------------------------
"You bi-ch, weren't you satisfied with all the grief you have given us that you manipulated your husband and got my son jailed", Ruchi entered the Mumbai penthouse along with Madhav.
"How can you enter so abrup---",Lakshmi said as she opened the door, but was stopped by Diya. "Don't worry Ms.Lakshmi,they are my parents."Diya smiled and continued,

"Maa,papa you here all the way from-----".

Diya looked at them with a  glint in her eyes, but as she came near to them, she was slapped by Ruchi.
"Maa--Kya hua?Aap aise", tears welled up in her eyes."I don't understand, result  of which deeds of our past lives is God giving us? What didn't we do for you? First you took away our daughter and now our son. Mere bete ko shaanti se jeene nai dogi kya? Tumhari problem kya hai?"

(Why don't you let my son  live his life. What is your problem?)

"Maa but I'm not able to get what you are talking about.", Diya spoke.
"We want to talk to Chaitanya", Madhav intervened. Diya ran upstairs to get her phone and with trembling hands, she called Chaitanya.
"H-hello Chaitanya..um--um maa and papa have come, they-they are talking about Bhai..I can't understand a single thing...please-please come home."

Diya cut the call but stayed in her own room.She was too scared to face them.
What if they beat me again? Please God help me.I haven't done anything.I swear.
---------------------------

"Diya come down",yelled Chaitanya.She stepped down the stairs,her hands trembling with fear,she could hear Ruchi screaming.
"How could you trust that shameless girl Chaitanya? She can stoop to the lowest and you know that."
"I NEVER TALK WITHOUT PROOF MRS.RUCHI SHARMA.YOUR SON WAS STALKING DIYA THAT DAY AND DON'T EVEN GET ME STARTED ON WHAT HIS DEEDS ARE.HE HAS BEEN MOLESTING DIYA SINCE SHE WAS 16",he said,Ruchi and Madhav gasped.

Diya entered the living room.
Chaitanya looked at her and signalled her to sit down when he noticed a mark on her face.
"Did she slap you?", he asked. Diya stood there. 
"I ASKED DID SHE SLAP YOU?". Diya nodded. Chaitanya glared at both of them, his eyes darkened.
"MR. AND MRS.SHARMA,I AM GONNA MAKE SURE THAT YOUR SON NEVER GETS OUT OF JAIL", he roared, "Now I suppose, here is nothing to talk about. You can leave."

Ruchi and Madhav left the room in despair.

----------------------------------------
Chaitanya's POV-
I can't understand what has happened to me since that day .Whenever I see her cry, I feel fire build up inside me. Today,I wanted to kill Arjun, I controlled myself because he is Mrunali's brother, my Mrunali's brother.

They both left. Diya started sobbing and left the room. I knew, no consolation could help her get out of the trauma she went through. I just went to the office after instructing Ms. Lakshmi to feed Diya and take care of her.

----------------------------------
Hello guys!!!
Hope you liked the update! Do vote and comment if you like how the story is progressing!
LOTS OF LOVE ❤️
Alvida!