Realization

(Follow up after part 20)
After what happened at the apartment, I come back the next day, after taking a personal day.
The moment I get out of my car, my boot greets me.
C: Hey sir! How's your day going?
A: uhh, it's going good?
C: that's good to hear, I'll have the shop set up after roll call.
A: alright then, get to it.
Very weird interaction. But her happiness made me think of something, my thoughts from yesterday. At the apartment shooting, as much as I hated her for ruining my position, I still was worried the second she got taken to the moment we got her back.
I mean, after all that. Maybe going a bit easy on her won't hurt so bad?
Maybe, idk my decision yet.
Roll call goes pretty fast, grey congratulates me and Lucy for the save.
After roll call, I head to Tim's office for some advice.
I make my way towards his door and knock.
T: who's there?
A: it's me Aaron.
T: come in.
Hey how's your day?
A: pretty good sir. I was wondering if I could ask you a question?
T: sure go ahead?
Whenever Chen was a rookie.. when was the day you started to go a bit easier on her, or have you always been hard on her?
T: well, I guess when she was buried alive, that's when I took it easier on her. Why?
A: no reason sir, I'm just asking.
T: are you sure? That's something random to ask.
A: well, I guess if you put it like that, then no.
After everything that has happened, even at the apartments. Celina has always kept the same level of kindness in her. The day she came to us, I've been hard on her. Mostly because of my position of staying here.
T: and you want my advice if you should go easy?
A: yes sir.
T: i would give it to you, but I'm not you. And it's your decision and not mine.
A: alright, thanks I guess.
Aaron leaves Tim's office and goes towards the kit room, where Celina is.
A: hey boot are the war bags ready?
C: yes sir, here I'll carry them to the shop.
A: let me grab one.
C: sir?
A: let me help you with one.
C: ok?
Aaron takes one from Celina, and takes it back to the shop. Then they head out onto the street.
Aaron's wants to take All the low-risk calls, just in case. Which goes pretty well. They spot a deal in a corner of a gas station. They're pretty quick to stop and arrest them. After the arrest they go back into the station for booking. Then head out again where the rest of the shift is quiet. About 7:50 pm Aaron starts heading back to the station to clock out. They arrive 10 minutes later at 8 pm and clock out, Aaron tells Celina good night and he heads back to his house. Where he immediately goes to sleep.