Chapter 7: Mama's Gotta Hustle

We open the scene with the McGee's in the car, they are singing their cleaning song as they had just bought cleaning supplies

Molly: ♪ Oh, it's the McGee's cleaning song ♪

Darryl: ♪ Everybody sing along ♪

Nightwolf: ♪ The house is really dirty ♪

Sharon and Pete: ♪ So today we're intervening ♪

All: ♪ By cleaning♪ The basement!

Scratch: Whoa! Whoa, whoa, whoa. You've already ruined the rest of my house, now you want to ruin my precious basement, too?

She putting on gloves

Molly: Scratch, if you love the basement so much, why don't you live down there?

Scratch: Uh, ew, no. Moldy. I'm upset by the principle of the thing. How would you like it if I messed with your things?

A bang is heard, then the car's engine stops working

Scratch: I understand why you both think I did that, but I didn't.

The McGee's are pushing the car through the streets while Scratch stays inside doing nothing. The cars behind them are honking

Sharon: I really hope we can afford these repairs.

She grunts

Sharon: Our finances are... tight.

Darryl: Don't worry, Mom. I have a no-risk business investment! Full disclosure, it requires access to cryptocurrency, frequent travel to Sweden, and, uh, a stomach for danger.

Pete: Not falling for that. Again.

Nightwolf: Since our whole family uses the van, we should all pitch in. We will forgo my allowance. Darryl, will, too.

Darryl: What? You both can't forgo me!

Pete: No forgoing! Kids, keep your allowances. It's probably just a small teeny-tiny problem that won't cost much money to fix.

Mechanic: It's a huge problem. It's gonna cost a lot of money to fix.

[Bell chimes]

Pete: I don't suppose you take an old Sub Shack punch card? It's got a free BLT!

Mechanic: Eh-eh.

He anxiously

Pete: Uh, spit balling here, are we sure we even need a van? We could all just stay at home, going absolutely nowhere with our lives. Forever! Doesn't that sound fun, kids? Help.

Sharon: With all the moving costs, utility bills, credit card debt, and now we have another mouth to feed.

All look at Scratch

Scratch: I'm a growing ghoul!

He goes inside car and eat a BLT and close the car glass

Sharon: It's been a tough year for the McGee's family savings account.

Pete: May it rest in peace.

They concerned

Molly: Uh, are we gonna be okay?

Sharon: Don't worry. McGee's always make it work. And now that we're settled down in our forever home, it makes sense to have a second income. That's right... Mama's gettin' a job!