Prologue and Chapter One

Nova-11 Nyx-13

"Got you!" Nyx yelled.

Nova giggled in delight.
"Not yet batboy!"

Nova pushed off of the ground and used her little Illyrian wings to put some distance between her and Nyx. The boy leaped into the sky and flew after her, chasing her through the endless clouds. He reached out, pulling her by the waist down to the ground as the children rolled around in the grass.

"I have you now, you can't deny it!" Nyx said through his laughter.

"Okay fine you can have it." Nova admitted.

The children had been arguing over who got the last slice of birthday cake. The two of them shared a birthday as Nova was adopted by Azriel and Gwyn and when they found her, it was the fae heirs 5th year of life.

Nova and Nyx had been inseparable ever since, spending the entirety of their childhoods together. Nothing could ever keep one away from the other.

 Nothing could ever keep one away from the other

Present day

Nova Berdara was not afraid. Confused? Yes. Intrigued? Also yes. But she was not afraid. The suriel was stood in front of her, had approached her and she was not afraid. She had her father to thank for that. He had trained her to stay calm and think and assess so thats what Nova did. Think.

"What do you want?" Or not.

"Hello Nova Archeron, ma-"

"Yeah um no sorry we're not doing that, you will use my actual name when speaking to me."

"Hello Nova Berdara, mate of-" Well this was going great.

"Nope, don't ruin the surprise, its no fun that way. Anyway what do you want?"

"Your mate is coming, you will soon find him." Thats nice, she kind of didn't really care at the moment though. Do I have anything I could ask the suriel right now? Assess.

"Okay shut up already." Nova said, spinning on her heel and flying back to the river house where Rhys, Feyre and the children lived.

"Guess who met a suriel today." She asked in way of greeting.

"You caught a suriel?" Her father questioned, everyone now crowding around them.

"No it just came up to me."

Everyone was giving her confused looks and Nova didn't blame them one bit. The suriel is notoriously difficult to find and capture, for one to simply approach her was unheard of. When Rhysand found out Feyre had caught the suriel numerous times, well the high lord was not exactly gracious.

"It walked up to you?"

"Yes."

"What did it say?" Nyx asks.