Chapter Six

Nyx

Shining silver hair. The most beautiful blue eyes that he could drown in and have a smile on his face. Soft ivory skin that he ran his rough hands down. Plump pink lips that he pressed his own against.

She felt like fire. A burning passion coursed through him, sending sparks of pleasure through his body. He fists his hands in her hair, pulling her mouth closer to his.

"Nova". He groans from the back of his throat.

More.

He needs more.

More of this. More of her. More.

He pulls at the hem of her shirt, lifting it up, higher, higher, high-

Crash.

Nyx lifts his head and practically jumps out of bed to see Cassian stood in the open doorway, holding a pan in one hand and a metal ladle in the other.

"Good morning sunshine!" Cass says with a shit-eating grin on his face.

"You look like you had nice dreams." Nyx blushes remembering his tendancy to sleep-talk.

He pounced, getting in a punch to Cassians jaw before he grabbed his wrist and using it to shove him to the side and get a hit to his chest.

"Good. Do it again."

Nyx spends the rest of the morning practicing his fighting. Rounds and rounds of grounding, punches, kicks and various other attacks and defenses. They even had an hour with Nesta doing Valkyrie exercises though Nyx thought Cassian only included it so he could spend time with his mate. He decided that it was fair, his whole family had been helping out with preparing him, Dya and Nova for the blood rite. None of them had been granted much time to  themselves but had all been eager to help out.

"Block 3."

Nova

Nova

"What do you want?" Nova asked, spinning on her heel. Finn had been pestering her all evening but she had been busy and he had only just gotten her to give in.

"Honestly?" His mouth turned up in a smirk. "A slice of chocolate cake." His smirk turned into a wicked grin.

Nova sent a pointed glare at the boy and began to walk in the other direction before he spoke again.

"No seriously I found something you might be interested in."

Nova arched a brow and faced the general's son once again.

"Go on."

"Well I-" His face twists in confusion "It's hard to explain. I think its better if I show you instead."

Finn leads her down the hallway and through the doorway to the stairs. The steps were damp from rain and a strong wind pushed against Nova's body bringing with it the scent of petrichor and pine.

Nova almost slipped on the stairs at what she saw.

"What is that?"

Floating above the stairs was a male who could only be about 14 or so but it wasn't his age that concerned Nova, no this child was made of mist.

He had all of his colouring still but his body was almost transparent. He had pale skin, olive eyes, and short tendrils of hair the colour of the cake that Finn had been craving.

"Can I come in? It's cold out here m'lady."

Nova opened the door fully to let green eyes in.

"Finn go get the others."

Soon the inner circle all stood in a sitting room in the house of wind staring at the mist boy who was curled up on an armchair, the thick woolen blanket pulled up to his neck

"Do you have a name?" Rhys asked, stalking towards the child.

"Taron, sir". The boy answered, shivering under the wool.

"No need for the formalities Taron. We need you to tell us why you're here and well, what you are. Can you do that for us?"

They all knew Rhys could easily look into his mind, find everything out himself and it would be much easier but Nova knew Rhys could never do that, not to a child. So instead coaxing answers out of Taron would have to do.

"I didn't want to be a mist-child. I was an ordinary high fae up until a week ago. I was walking back from the forest where me and a few friends had been camping and this man came up to me, he had a dagger which he put to my  stomach but when tried to push it in, I turned to mist. The dagger slid straight through me."

"I knew that the spymaster had a mistborn daughter so I decided to make my way to Velaris and eventually here."

Nova knew her expression was the same as the those on her familys face's.

She looked into those green eyes and said. "You're a mistborn Taron."

Guys I know this part is shorter and took forever but I just needed to end it there, it didn't really make sense to me to carry on from there so yeah oh well.

Thank you to my new followers and for over 200 reads like what?!

Bye loves -Faerie queen of bedtime.