Chp 35: Wildfire (Part 7)

At the Survival Camp,

Dale, Rose, Rick and Shane come back to the camp.

"I've been, uh... I've been thinking about Rick's plan. Now look, there are no... There are no guarantees either way. I'll be the first one to admit that. I've known this man a long time. I trust his instincts. I say the most important thing here is we need to stay together. So those of you that agree, we leave first thing in the morning." Shane states.

"Okay?" Rick says.

At the Quarry,

At dawn, Rick and Rose try to once again reach Morgan to advise him of their plan.

"We're moving out, leaving the quarry. If you heard me or Rose yesterday, you may be coming here. If you are, we'll be gone by the time you arrive. We're leaving a note and map behind for you taped to a red car so you can follow our trail. We're heading to the C.D.C. If there's anything left, it's got to be there, don't you think? Morgan... I hope you were right about that place. I need you to be." Rick informs the non-responsive Morgan as Rose pats his shoulder with a small hopeful smile on her face.

"I'm sure he is alright." Rose tells Rick as he nods to her, both looking at the rising sun.

In the RV,

Suddenly, Jim wakes up and coughs.

Outside,

"Everybody listen up. Those of you with C.B.s, we're gonna be on channel 40. Let's keep the chatter down, okay? Now you got a problem, don't have a C.B., can't get a signal or anything at all, you're gonna hit your horn one time. That'll stop the caravan. Any questions?" Shane states.

"We're, uh... We're... We're not going." Morales informs as Rose looks over in shock.

"We have family in Birmingham. We want to be with our people." Miranda states.

"You go on your own, you won't have anyone to watch your back." Shane warns them.

"We'll take the chance. I got to do what's best for my family." Morales states.

"You sure?" Rick asks.

"We talked about it. We're sure." Morales tells him.

"All right. Shane." Rick says.

"Yeah, all right." Shane says, knowing what Rick is implying to him.

"357?" Rick asks.

"Yeah." Shane answers.

Rick hands Morales a gun and Shane hands him ammo. Rose does the same for Miranda.

"The box is half full." Shane states to Morales.

"Thank you all... For everything." Miranda thanks them.

"Of course." Rose says to her as they hug. They depart, Lori comes over to the two and gives Miranda a hug as well.

"Come here." Lori says.

"Good luck, man." Shane says to Morales.

"Appreciate it." Morales says to him.

"Yeah." Shane says.

Eliza hugs Sophia.

"Bye." Eliza says to Sophia.

"Thank you." Miranda thanks Jacqui.

Miranda and Jacqui hug. Eliza gives her doll to Sophia, who is crying.

"Bye." Eliza repeats.

"Channel 40 if you change your minds. All right?" Rick says to Morales.

"Yeah." Morales says.