Chapter 17

Micah

My temple throbbed, my arms were stiff, and I had no clue where I was. Something was covering my eyes, preventing me from seeing my surroundings. The only thing I could tell with my other senses was the place felt damp and cold, meaning I was probably in a basement or a warehouse. I was sitting on a chair and tied up to it with zip ties or some other annoying plastic contraption. I tried to shift my weight to try to find comfort.

"Looks like he's awake finally." The man's thick Russian accent disturbed the quiet. I could feel his hot breath against my face and cringed at the smell. "Next time, don't hit him too hard."

"You say that like you're going to do this again." I managed to croak out. My throat felt like the desert in the middle of the summer, and no oasis was in sight.

"I mean, if he doesn't deliver what I need when I need it, I might have to." He said, pulling the mask off of my face. From what I could tell, we were inside of a warehouse. My heart was pounding so hard that I could hear it in my ears.

"I don't even know what you're talking about. Alistair is some realtor or some shit, I know he has a gun, but he doesn't have more than that, not that I know of." I managed to get out.

"Oh, don't pretend that you don't know about his other dealings. We've been watching you for a while now. You've lived with him for about a month or two now." I wanted to scream in frustration, and I didn't know what the hell he was even talking about. I just knew I would be pissed when I saw him next. I closed my eyes, scrunching my face up in confusion, and shook my head.

"I really don't think he knows, daddy. Look at his face." She took a few steps toward me, her heels clacked against the floor, echoing around the warehouse.

"In that case, do you think we should tell him about his little Ace?" The man's face almost lit up with delight.

"If you do it, daddy, I'm sure Ace will be pissed. He obviously didn't tell his little omega lover about what he does after he's off his normal people job." Her face almost matched the man's; excitement was evident.

"Oh, my schastia, I think we should, I think it would hurt him more than it would help at this moment." He laughed, walking behind me. I tried to look in that direction, but the woman grabbed my face. Her long fingernails dug into my skin. They didn't want me to see whatever was behind me—the noise of a scraping chair from behind me until it was in front of me.

The man sat down on the chair and beckoned his daughter to let go of my face. She did as he commanded and joined her father, placing her hand on his shoulder.

"Ace is a mob boss. He's a part of the mafia, the leader of the red dragons. He deals with firearms and a couple of extra-shady things." The man said in a singsong voice. "He's also killed people before."

After that, I didn't really care to listen to the man. I could hear my heart pounding in my ears. I didn't know if I even remembered to breathe after that. I mean, it would explain why he typically would go out at night and why he wasn't home often. It would explain his cold demeanor that one night when he threatened that group of alphas with a gun and how he was so cold when telling those men to fuck off.

I didn't want to believe the strange man and woman who had pistol-whipped me. But, it made things make sense.

"So you kidnapped me for what?" I asked. "This still isn't making any sense to me at all." I interrupted the man's rambling.

He looked at me with a puzzled look. "Isn't it obvious?"

"No?" I furrowed my brows.

"Oh, schastia, he doesn't know." His smile widened. "We've never seen Ace take an interest in anyone, alpha, beta, or omega. He was all business up till a few months ago. Then he found you." He looked at me with a knowing look.

"You're kidding me, right? All I am to him is a charity case." My voice cracked. I didn't want to think of it that way, but I knew it was true. There was no escaping it either. He had done so much for me; all I've given him is a hundred bucks, a kiss, and a lot of lip. "Listen, if you want to do some shit, go ahead. I don't have much to live for anyways." I bluffed.

The man threw his head back and began to laugh maniacally. "No, no, no, that's not how it works, little one." He got up from his seat, now towering over me. He cupped my chin in his hand and tilted my head upwards. "I need Ace to deliver the goods."

After he said that, his phone began to ring, he pulled it out of his pocket and looked at the screen. His face lit up with a smile, and he answered the phone, putting it on speaker.

"Where is he?" Alistair's voice said over the phone. My breath caught in my throat, and my eyes watered. I didn't know why I was so emotional hearing his voice.

"No, hello? No, how are you?" He asked, sitting back down in the chair.

"I don't give two fucks how you're doing, I asked you a goddamn question, and I expect you to fucking answer me." I blinked a few times, trying to process a side of Alistair I hadn't even seen yet, or, well, heard. "Whatever you have with me is with me, do not bring others into my shit." He growled. For some reason, my body reacted to the dominance in his voice.

I shifted in the seat uncomfortably as slick began to drip down my ass cheeks. "Oh, you got to ask nicely, or I'll blow his brains out." He said into the phone. He pulled a gun out of his picket and cocked it right next to the phone speaker so that Alistair would hear on the other line.

"If you touch a hair on his head, I will fucking kill every one of your members without mercy," Alistair said coldly.

The alpha met my eyes and winked at me. "For one little omega? Come on, Ace, I thought you could get anyone. He's just one omega." He said in a playful voice, much like his daughter had. "Plus, he was a little feisty when we tried to get him to come with us, so he does have a mark on his temple."

"What the fuck is wrong with you?" Alistair's voice boomed on the other side of the phone. "I knew your father should have let Dominic take over for him when he died," Alistair grumbled.

"Don't talk about my brother like that." The alpha said. I noticed that a wall had been put up around his exterior. "He was never good enough."

"He's the one who cares about your men." Alistair snapped back. "He's the one doing everything for you anyways. Why don't you take that whore of a wife and slut of a daughter and fuck off out of town and let Dom take over? Your men don't even respect you. They'd take a bullet for Dom any day and sacrifice you for the greater good of the rest of 'em." The alpha tensed up.

"He's a no-good little brat, I'm older than him, I'm smar–" Alistair cut him off with a laugh.

"Older you may be, but smarter? Never. He would have never taken something, in this case, someone so precious to me, for gain. I told your brother I'd get you the guns when I had them. You're a dumbass, Milo. You'll be lucky if you make it out of this alive. Because my patience is wearing thin on everyone right now." I could hear the sound of a horn in the background. "You're not even the one who made the order. Dom did. You probably didn't even know about it until he took the money out to pay me."

Milo was stunned to silence, almost as if Alistair had hit a sensitive nerve in his body. Milo's daughter grabbed the phone from her father's hand and raised it to her face. "First off, I am not a whore." She said, her face scrunched up in distaste. "Second, why don't you tell your little pet hello, since you've been on speaker this entire time? Do as my daddy asked in that message we sent you, and he doesn't get his nails ripped from their beds. He does have some pretty nails." She looked at me with venom in her eyes.

"Whatever, I'm already on my way. If you touch him again, I'll make sure to put a bullet through dear ole daddy's eyes," Alistair growled. 

A/N: Sorry, sorry it took so long to update, I got a puppy and an unexpected diagnosis... I've just been trying my best.

You can get up to chapter 34 on Patreon. All you need to do is throw a girl some dolla dolla.

https://www.patreon.com/NeonSkies95

Love y'all, thank y'all for the patience.

Bonus puppy pic