𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 2

"Sophia Robinson."

My heart skipped a beat. Surely there's another Sophia Robinson? I heard voices on my left, so I spun to look at them. They were girls in my class. They loved to bully other kids so as I walked past to go to the stage, I stepped on one of their feet. She yelped in pain, but I pretended not to hear. My heart was in my ears, and I was shaking. You could properly tell I was shaking from a mile away. I made my way to the stage peacekeepers on either side of me. I shakily walked up the steps.

"Ohhh a youngster!" Tiffany chirped. "Tell us your age!"

"13" I whispered.

"Ohhh a 13-year-old we haven't had one of them from here for ages. Not for at least 25 years!" I gulped as she went to the boys' glass ball. I prayed it wouldn't be a tough opponent. "Matthew Feldman!" I saw a boy about the age of 15. I recognised him as one of Luke's friends. Crap I was gonna have to fight one of my brother's friend's. This wasn't turning out good.

"Shake hands" Tiffany ordered. Him and I shook hands, and I could see the fear in his eyes. I'm pretty sure he knew I was shaking. Suddenly, we got whisked away to a room. I stood there for 5 minutes until Sarah rushed in and gave me crushing hug. I hugged her back just as forcefully. Sarah was crying. I didn't want her to cry. I wanted her to be strong. I felt tears in my eyes too. But I was determined to not let them fall. Luke walked in and gave me a hug too. "Look Soph you can throw knives. Make allies and try to win. Try to come home. Please." Luke was desperate you could tell. "I'll try" I said weakly. He gave a nod of approval. Sarah slipped a butterfly bracelet onto my wrist. "That's your token." She whispered. It was the bracelet she got when she turned 10. It was beautiful. "Thank you" I whispered to her. Then all three of us hugged then they got dragged away by the peacekeepers. "GOODBYE!" I screamed not wanting to leave them. I stared at the butterfly bracelet. I was going to try and win.

Matthew and I were taken to the train where we meet out mentor. She was woman in her late 30's called Felecia Walker. She stared at us with sympathy. She won the 51st games. She won before I was born. I felt dizzy and tired and made my way to my room. I fell asleep for a few hours until I was told to go and watch the reaping. I walked into the room and stared in shock at the massive TV in front of me. Felecia and Matthew were there, and I sat down in between them. Felecia pressed play and we watched the reaping's. From District one there was 17-year-old boy called James then the girl was Jill. I think they were twins as they looked crazy similar. District 2 had two tributes called Henry and Lily. They both looked around 16. District three was nothing exciting consisting of a boy and girl called Benjamin and Ava. They were around 18 and 17. District 4 had Triton and Ariel. They were around 14 and 15. Districts 5, 6, 7 and 8 were lacklustre. Then 9 showed a tall muscular boy called Theo and a small skinny girl called Abigail. Then it showed 10 and me stepping on the girl's foot. Thankfully you couldn't see me shaking. District 11 and 12 had small tributes. Unfortunately, I was the youngest. That night I had the biggest meal ever. It was amazing. That was the most amount of food I'd ever eaten. After I ate, I fell asleep almost immediately. After I woke up it was blur. I was introduced to my prep team. They looked like a rainbow threw up on them. One of the girls Pixie was aggressively combing my waist long hair. "That hurts" I yelped. She ignored me and continued with brushing my hair. Then they started to wax me, I screamed in pain from time to time. They really didn't know how to be gentle. After I slipped on a silk robe my stylist walked in. He had flaming red hair and tattoos on his arms. I gulped secretly intimidated by this man standing in front of me. He got straight into business. He brought out a dress. I gasped at its beauty. It was a dress that fell just before my knees. It was white with black spots on it. He brought a cowboy hat with black spots to match. Then some pristine white boots. I quickly slipped it on and admired myself. Eric gave a nod. Pleased I enjoyed it.

"I'm going to make you look like the best tribute there." Eric said to me. I nodded my head. "Alright now go. Make your mark. You got this." I smiled at him as I walked to meet Felecia.

"You look stunning." She said with a small capitol accent. I guess years of mentoring made you pick up on the accent. Matthew had a similar outfit. A suit with black spots on it. I grinned at him. He grinned back. We walked to our chariot which was number 10. I stared at the horses that were to pull our chariot. I went over to one and stroked it. Its fur was soft and clean. I gave it a hug.

"Wouldn't want to get the dress dirty, would you?" I spun around to see a girl. She had blonde hair that reached her shoulders, and she was quite skinny. I remembered her as the girl from 9.

" No, I guess not." I responded. She smiled at me as she made her way to her chariot. I stepped onto the chariot as did Matthew. We stood next to each other. I started shaking again and Matthew grabbed me hand and looked at me with a nod. He was there for me. District 1 started, and they received some cheers but not a lot. Finally, district 10 was off. The cheers were deafening. I heard people cheering mine and Matthew's name. I waved to the audience and blew kisses. They started swooning about me. I mentally cringed. I was 13 not 35. Sicko's.